Azure Standard Shopping List: Save Big Money on Organic Groceries
Save money and time on healthy eating with Azure Standard! Azure Standard is an amazing source for bulk organic and sustainable products at incredibly affordable prices. All the benefits of warehouse club pricing without any membership fees. Save 20-40% off of grocery store prices!
It can be really expensive to eat healthy organic food, especially if you’re purchasing it from the grocery store. Investing in sustainable food, including pasture-raised meats, organic produce and dairy, can seem like a huge gut punch to your budget.
Sure, it’s worth it. But what if there was a way to save more money on your groceries and support small businesses at the same time?
Azure’s prices are often 20-40% lower than conventional grocery stores, and all those savings add up in big ways.
What is Azure Standard?
Azure is an online marketplace that was born on a family farm in the 1980’s. Dave Stelzer and his family stopped using all the conventional farming “must haves” (pesticides, chemical fertilizers) on their property and eventually noticed how the land and their own health improved.
They sold items in their local community and then their customers began to request items that the Stelzers didn’t grow. So they started to source them, and sell them. And it has only grown from there.
My favorite aspect of Azure is their amazing customer service. They have a user-friendly website but if you need to talk to someone on the phone they go out of their way to make sure they help you to the fullest.
Unlike group buying clubs, your order is yours alone. You’re not chipping in and sharing portions of the same product with potentially sketchy people you don’t know.
I live in a small town and getting some of the items locally would involve either going to multiple stores OR driving to a town 30 minutes away. It’s nice that with Azure we can get everything in one place.
How Does Azure Standard Work?
- Check Azure’s website to see if there is a drop point near you. If there isn’t, you can look into setting one up if you’re willing to be the drop coordinator. They now cover most of the lower 48 states.
- You sign up. It’s free! No monthly or yearly membership. Free ninety-nine.
- Join a delivery drop site near you.
- Place your order.
How Do I Order from Azure Standard?
- You place your order online. You can pay for it online, or COD. If your personal order is over $50 and the group order is over $550 no one is charged for shipping. If your personal order is below $50 they charge a small $5 fee.
- You go and pick up your order at the scheduled time. Pick up location varies by local community.
- They also ship to your home if you don’t want to join a drop. Many of the items are very heavy so keep that in mind.
- Most items at Azure are eligible for “Azure Cash” which is like getting a mini rebate with each order. You can use your Azure Cash to reduce your next bill.
Azure Standard Shopping List
Azure Standard often sells items in multiple sizes so you’re not stuck with a 50-pound bag of rice if you really only need five. They also have their own name brand products which are incredibly affordable.
Azure Standard Pantry Staples
For a full list of my favorite dry goods items, check out my Pantry Essentials.
- Organic Rice
- Wheat berries – I grind these in my flour mill and save a buttload over store-bought flour. (Related: Grinding Your Own Wheat).
- Vital wheat gluten – I use this with all of my whole wheat baked goods
- Oils – coconut oil, olive oil, walnut oil, and avocado oil
- Dry/powdered milk
- Seeds – chia, sunflower, pumpkin, and hemp hearts
- Nut butters
- Sweeteners – sugar, powdered sugar, honey, maple syrup, molasses, coconut sugar, organic corn syrup, agave, xylitol, sucanat, coconut nectar, stevia, brown rice syrup, barley syrup, and date syrup
- Beans – chickpeas, black, pinto, kidney, white, navy
- Nuts – almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, peanuts, etc.
- Pasta – conventional, organic, and gluten-free
- Unsweetened flaked coconut
- Apple cider vinegar
- Bone broth (check out this complete guide on where to buy bone broth and you’ll see that Azure’s prices are super competitive)
- Baking supplies – flour, cornstarch, aluminum-free baking powder, salt (our favorite is RealSalt), and arrowroot.
- Organic popcorn in bulk. Yes, we buy popcorn 25 pounds at a time. 🙂
- Spices and herbs, including dried elderberries that I use to make elderberry syrup during cold and flu season.
- Boxed shelf-stable meals
- A huge array of dairy-free and gluten-free meals
- Baking supplies – parchment and baking cups/cupcake liners. I love the brand If You Care as all their stuff is compostable.
Some of our favorite Azure Pantry Items/Brands
- Enjoy Life Mega Chocolate Chunks for $4.90 (compared to $5.59)
- The Flavor Chef Bone Broth for $11.25 (compared to $18.83) (related: Where to Buy Bone Broth)
- Organic Black Beans for $1.72 a pound (compared to $2.99)
- Organic Valley Ghee for $8.64 (compared with $12.99)
- Rumford Non-Aluminum Baking Powder for $3.40 (compared to $4.49)
- Redmond Real Salt (26 oz) for $8.45 (compared to $8.99)
- Organic Popcorn for $2.18 a pound (compared to $2.79)
- Lily’s Baking Chips for $6.09 (compared to $7.63)
- Pamela’s Gluten-Free Bread Mix (4 lbs) for $13.31 or $.27 an oz (compared to $.33 an oz)
- Jovial Foods Gluten-Free Lasagna Noodles for $4.23 (compared to $7.48)
- Organic Brown Rice for $2.13 a pound (compared to $2.49)
Azure Standard Refrigerator/Freezer Items
For a full list check out our Freezer Essentials.
- Fruit for canning pears, canning applesauce, preserving peaches, and freezing cherries. And their oranges are great for juicing!
- Veggies – they have it all! Check out their bulk storage items like onions and potatoes.
- Butter – they have every kind you could ever imagine. And yes, you can freeze butter!
- Organic frozen meat
- Organic eggs
- Organic cream cheese, cheese, and lunchmeat
- Convention and vegetarian and vegan freezer meals
Some of our favorite Azure Fridge and Freezer Items/Brands
- Organic Bing Cherries for $4.95 a pound (compared to $5.29)
- Amy’s Organic Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Mac and Cheese for $4.80 (compared to $5.74)
- Organic Valley Butter for $7.80 a pound (compared to $8.59)
- Organic Fruit and Veggie Variety Pack $33 for 10 pounds
- Mary’s Organic Chicken Breasts for $7.53 a pound (compared to $9.17)
- Organic Peaches for $1.80 a pound (compared to $2.99)
- Organic Valley Smoked Turkey Lunchmeat for $6.95
Some of our favorite Azure Cleaning Staples
- Biokleen Bac-Out for $7.70 (compared to $7.84)
- Biokleen Bathroom Cleaner for $7.35 (compared to $9.75)
- Dr.Bronner’s Peppermint Castille Soap $16.20 for 32 oz (compared to $16.39)
- Soap – small-batch and local companies
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Dental/oral care
- Sweet almond oil (I use it for making Homemade Chapstick, Hard Lotion Bars, and for the Oil Cleansing Method)
- Supplements and vitamins
Some of our favorite Azure Health/Beauty Staples
- Sappo Hill Soap for $2.67
- Sweet almond oil for $5.45 (compared to $5.74)
- Jason Tea Tree Deodorant for $5.20 (compared to $6.29)
- Desert Essence Organic Shampoo for $6.50
- Avalon Organics Peppermint Lotion for $7.95
- Clothing – organic socks, leggings, skirts, and some tops
- Canning supplies (related: Canning Supplies List)
- 5-gallon food-grade buckets for $7.95. These are great if you plan to buy anything in bulk.
- Gamma Lids to keep your buckets air-tight and leak-proof for $6.45 (compared with $8.99)
Gardening/Micro Farming Staples
- Seeds! So very many seeds. I bought my original seed garlic from Azure in 2012 and I am still growing that same strain today seven years later. (Related: How to Plant Garlic Step by Step).
- Animal feed – we buy our organic chicken food from Azure
- Fencing, and other animal care items
Some of our favorite Azure Home and Garden Staples
- Scratch and Peck Layer Feed for $34.65 for 40 pounds (compared to $38.49)
- Heirloom Nantes Scarlet Carrot Seeds for $2.36 (related: Homemade Seed Tape)
Azure Standard Healthy Snacks
- Late July Classic Crackers for $3.55 (compared to $5.76)
- Garden of Eatin Blue Corn Chips for $3.33 (compared to $4.49)
- Lundberg Rice Cakes for $3.92 (compared to $3.99)
- Newman’s Own Pretzel Sticks for $3.70 (compared to $5.71)
- Organic Prairie Mighty Chicken Bar for $2.35 (compared to $2.72)
- Late July Buffalo Queso Tortilla Chips for $3.42 (compared to $3.91)
- Organic Prairie Grass-Fed Beef Jerky for $4.66 (compared to $5.99)
Azure Standard Better For You Treats
- Nature’s Path Toaster Pastries (11 oz box) for $3.63 (compared to $4.13)
- EnviroKidz Crispy Rice Bar for $3.94 (compared to $4.12)
- Nature’s Path Choconut Granola Bar for $4.18 (compared to $4.49)
- Pamela’s Gluten-Free Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies for $3.92 (compared to $4.19)
- Bumble Bar for $1.56 (compared to $2.38)
- Newman’s Own Fig Newmans (gluten-free) for $4.25 (compared to $4.69)
- Uncommon Carob Cool Mint Chocolate Bar for $3.97
- Annie’s Organics Honey Graham for $5.72 (compared to $7.36)
- Newman’s Own Newman-O’s for $4.66 (compared to $5.49)
Azure Standard Prices
Whenever you’re buying in bulk, it’s important to know the price you’re currently paying per ounce and pound. At Azure, you can find amazing prices. But there are also some items that are about the same price at Costco or other stores or are more expensive.
For the lists and prices above, prices are subject to change depending on the season. For comparable prices, I used a local grocery store. When an item wasn’t available, I used prices on Amazon.
But overall, their prices are much lower than grocery stores, and the products are high quality.
We’ve been paying customers for almost a decade and I love how much money and time they save us. Feel free to drop an email if you have any questions.
This post contains affiliate links and we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you if you click through and make a purchase. This allows me to continue to provide free content, and I only share products that I use and love myself.