Egg cups – protein to go
As part of Troy’s special Father’s day breakfast, I made a batch of my world famous egg cups. Well, I’ve never made them before, and no one has ever heard of my egg cups, but this is their big world-debut!
1. Thoroughly grease a 12 cup muffin tin with shortening or coconut oil.
2. Cook 12 slices of bacon until each slice is about 95% cooked. I used bacon made from a local butcher. Local piggies = local bacon. Mmmmm.
3. Place each slice in the muffin tin and curl it around until it makes a delightful bacon circle
|It’s not accident that they look like halos. Bacon is born from a higher power.|
4. Mix 8 eggs (pastured and organic preferred), 1/2 cup of milk, and 1/2 tsp each of chives and dill
5. Pour in to muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes. Top with a little shredded cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
|My goal was the get the least appetizing photo of these things. Mission accomplished!|
These things freeze beautifully, so make a double or triple batch and store them in a freezer-proof bag.