Meal plan for March 16th-22nd
Before I forget:
1) You HAVE to start watching The Last Man on Earth on Fox (we watch it via Hulu). Holy crap on a cracker, I am in love with this show. Probably half of the people who watch it will thing it is the dumbest thing ever (well forget you then), but Troy and I are obsessed. I wish there were more than two episodes completed. It slays me.
2) Do you want the name of our decorator? I assume you are highly impressed with how we have done our master bedroom.
The painting is done, and I have it on good authority (Troy telling me he and my father-in-law are going to do it) that the wood floor installation is starting on MONDAY. As in tomorrow. Praise be to God, because I’m not sure how much more of living in a cubbyhole and keeping my stuff in Jack’s closet I can take. It’s been six months people. SIX MONTHS. We have two comforters on our bed in our cubbyhole because there is still a hole in the outside wall of the room. It’s G-L-A-M-O-U-R-U-S.
The guesstimation is that the floors in our room will be done by Wednesday. We’ll then move in to the room (at last), and the contractors will then finish up the cubbyhole we’ve been staying in and turn it in to an actual room. The floors will then be finished up for the rest of the upstairs.
I do anticipate this will still be a topic of conversation until about June. :bangs head:
Here is my Grocery Challenge Round Up from last week:
Milk from the farm: $3.50
- Organic broccoli: $2.39
- Brussels sprouts: $2.28
- 1 Fage yogurt (for starter for homemade stuff): $1
- 1 thing organic baby spinach: $2.45
- Kaiser rolls for our hamburgers last week: $2.99
- Total: $11.11
- Organic carrots: $2.98 (I paid $5.99, but my sis and I split them)
- Mozzarella: $4.29
- Flatbread: $2.99
- Total: $10.26
Total spent for the week: $24.87 (more than I intended to spend)
Jack started t-ball this weekend. I’m already overwhelmed thinking about how many practices and games there are, and how it is going to fit in to our lives. I usually have to work late multiple times a week, and Troy’s work schedule is so weird. I love his coach so far (“we only have two goals for this season: stay safe and have fun”), and the other kids seem to be a hoot. Jack is a head taller than everyone else on the team, and really should be at the “coach pitch” level, but they do it based on age so it is what it is. He will learn the rules this year, and move up to something challenging next year.
Meal plan time! Reminder, I only plan dinners. Lunches are leftovers from the dinner the night before.
Monday:: Chicken and rice soup, dutch oven bread, and salad.
Tuesday:: Frittata and roasted veggies.
Wednesday:: Homemade pizza and salad. We’re going to do half cheese, half buffalo chicken pizza. Yum!
Thursday:: Arroz con pollo, roasted veggies, and black beans (from the freezer)
Friday:: Movie night at Jack’s school
Saturday:: Troy has a work event, so I am hoping they’re feeding us because it starts at 6:30 pm, and I don’t want to be hangry in front of everyone.
Sunday:: Family dinner at my parent’s. This week I am contributing German chocolate cupcakes for my dad’s birthday.
What are you having this week?