These fluffy Strawberry Waffles are a fun twist on a traditional waffle recipe. This simple fruit waffles recipe is light, crispy, and made from scratch.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The only thing better than homemade crispy waffles is homemade strawberry waffles! Deliciously sweet strawberries are folded into the batter to make an incredible breakfast that the whole family will love.
This recipe uses chopped fresh strawberries. To make them extra (pssst, you want to be extra in this case), top them with Strawberry Syrup, Strawberry Puree, Frozen Strawberries in Syrup, or Sugared Strawberries.
How to Freeze Waffles
Double or triple the recipe and freeze extras for fast make-ahead breakfasts. First, allow the waffles to fully cool on a baking rack. Transfer waffles to a freezer bag and store for up to three months. To reheat, toast waffles in a toaster oven or an air fryer at 350 F for 3 minutes.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- This recipe used whole milk but also works wonderfully with buttermilk.
- I’m a huge fan of freezing strawberries, but this recipe is best made with fresh berries.
- If you want to use whole wheat flour, follow the base recipe in this Whole Wheat Waffle recipe.
- If your waffle maker does not have an indicator light to let you know when they are ready, most waffles will be done when steam no longer escapes from the side of the waffle maker.
More Great Breakfast Recipes
- Sour Cream Pancakes
- Frozen Berry Cake
- Eggnog Bread Pudding
- Oat Milk Pancakes
- Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- Chocolate Porridge
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Small Batch Cinnamon Rolls
- Healthy Apple Pie Pancakes
- Make-Ahead Scrambled Eggs
- Cold Start Instant Pot Yogurt
- Add dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, 2 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt
- Add in milk, beaten eggs, vanilla, and melted butter. Whisk until it is about 50% combined.1.5 cups milk, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/3 cup butter
- Add chopped strawberries and whisk until just combined. Some small pockets of dry ingredients may remain. That's ok.3/4 cup strawberries
- Preheat waffle maker according to your machine's instructions.
- Spray waffle maker plates with cooking spray.
- Pour ~1/3 cup of batter into the center of the waffle maker.
- Close waffle maker and cook until indicator light (if any) shows it is ready.
- Remove with tongs and serve with butter, chopped strawberries, syrup, etc.