Virgin Mojito Recipe
A refreshing mix of lime and mint, this Virgin Mojito Recipe will be your new drink of summer. There is so much flavor and real food ingredients in this drink that you won’t even miss the booze. Right? Maybe?
When my cousin got married they served mojitos at the reception. I got one for my mom and took a few sips of it on the way back to the table. I don’t drink but I found the mojito incredibly smooth and delicious. I couldn’t believe it – I was enjoying booze!
That’s when someone at my table informed me they were virgin mojitos. And just like that, my new summer drink was born.
What is The Difference Between Cocktails and Virgin/Mocktail Drinks?
In a word: booze! Cocktails contain alcoholic and virgin drinks don’t.
Virgin drinks/mocktails are often a take on their boozy counterpart, so you get all the delicious flavors without the alcohol. Non-alcoholic drinks can be super fun to drink! Pour yourself a Whole30 Creamy Berry Party Drink, or Peach Moscow Mule With Blackberry.
Check out this post on Mocktails for Kids and Adults for more alcohol-free inspiration.
What Ingredients Are in a Virgin Mojito Recipe?
Fresh lime juice makes this drink bright and flavorful, but you can totally cheat if you want to make pitchers for a crowd, or just don’t feel the desire to squeeze limes.
Using a quality limeade is a great substitute for the lime juice and the simple syrup combo. Use 1/4 cup of limeade in lieu of the fresh lime and honey syrup. When I buy limeade I love the Newman’s Own brand because it tastes fresh and has a great limey flavor. <—not sponsored.
Also, limey is now a word. Tell your friends.
We use plain sparkling water that we make in our Soda Stream, but feel free to use your favorite sparkling water. Want to use a flavored sparkling water? Go for it! I would stick with lime or lemon, but that’s just me.
Technically you could also use ginger ale or a lemon-lime flavored soda in lieu of the sparkling water, but I’m in the camp of “why add more sugar when it isn’t needed”.
How to Make a Virgin Mojito?
- Place mint leaves and lime juice in a glass and muddle them together. Muddling = mushing them up and crushing the leaves to release the flavor and oils the mint. Use a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon. Or a set of brass knuckles. To each their own. Also, doesn’t muddling sound like what the kids in Scooby Doo always did? “I’d have taken over this old amusement park if it wasn’t for you muddling kids”. No, I did not add rum to my mojito, why do you ask?
- Add the honey simple syrup.
- Add the sparkling water.
- Garnish with lime slices, a sprig of mint, and/or fresh fruit (see Variations below).
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes:
- Need to make more or less of the recipe? Click and slide the “servings” number on the recipe card and the ingredients will adjust as needed. Easy peasy limey squeezy.
- If you want to make this for a crowd, pulse the fresh mint in a food processor with a splash of water, or roughly chop it with a knife. Muddling the mint in each individual glass would be a giant pain in the butt.
- Sub in 1/4 cup limeade instead of fresh lime juice and honey simple syrup.
- If you want to make this an “adult” drink, add 2 oz white rum when you add the sparkling water.
Variations on this Virgin Mojito Recipe:
Please, please, please feel free to add fresh fruit or veg to this virgin mojito recipe. Things like:
- Fresh or frozen blackberries
- Fresh or frozen peach slices
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- Spash of grapefruit juice
- Fresh or frozen strawberries
- Thinly sliced jalapenos – yassss! Be bold and brave and drink something spicy and awesome.
MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS
- Homemade Sugar-Free Coffee Creamer
- Homemade Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Coconut Coffee Creamer
- Healthy Sweet Tea Recipe
- Homemade Peppermint Extract
Making this recipe or others?
A refreshing mix of lime and mint, this Classic Virgin Mojito Recipe will be your new drink of summer. No booze, but plenty of flavor.
- 10 mint leaves, large or 15 small
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey simple syrup
- sparkling water
- ice optional
- lime slices optional
Place mint leaves and lime juice in a glass and muddle them together for 1 minute.
Add the honey simple syrup.
Add the sparkling water.
Garnish with lime slices, a sprig of mint, and/or fresh fruit.
This post contains affiliate links and we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you if you click through and make a purchase. This allows me to continue to provide free content, and I only share products that I use and love myself.
Shop this Post:
(may include affiliate links)