These juicy and flavorful Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas come together in just minutes with only a few ingredients. This easy one-pot wonder is a speedy paleo, Whole30 compliant, or gluten-free dinner.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re ready to make the easiest dinner around, you’re going to LOVE these air fryer chicken fajitas! Juicy, flavorful, and fast, this tasty one-pot dinner is ready without heating up your entire kitchen. Win win!
Looking for an oven-baking version of this meal? Check out these Sesame Sheet Pan Pork Fajitas.
Need ideas to make this a complete meal? Serve alongside tortillas, Instant Pot jasmine rice, frozen corn on the cob that you have reheated, Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice, Spicy Instant Pot Black Beans, or place on top of Kale Chopped Salad or Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli for a Whole30 or gluten-free meal.
What’s In These?
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Oil – olive or avocado work great
- Fajitas seasoning – we used homemade Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning
- Veggies – sliced onions and peppers
We used organic chicken breasts from Butcher Box, but you could also use sliced chicken thighs if you prefer.
To make this part of your meal prep, slice chicken and veggies and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. We simply keep ours in our favorite mixing bowl covered with a washable silicone lid.
Ready to reheat meals are a key component of our freezer essentials. You can prep and freeze marinated but uncooked chicken breasts in Stasher bags, use a vacumn sealer, or other freezer-safe containers.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- If using storebought fajitas mix, the 1 oz size will make one batch of these fajitas.
- Try to cut the chicken to a uniform size to get even cooking results.
- If you want to prep the onions and peppers to marinate with the chicken, cut them slightly larger than normal to prevent burning during the longer cooking time.
- To cook frozen chicken fajitas – place the bag in a bowl and defrost in the fridge overnight. Cooking time remains the same.
- If you double the recipe or your air fryer is smaller, you may need to cook in batches. Place finished fajitas in a clean bowl and cover with a plate or tent with foil to keep warm while the second batch cooks.
- All air fryers will cook differently. The only way to guarantee your chicken is cooked is to use a meat thermometer. Chicken is safe to eat when the internal temp is 165 degrees F.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Cornish Hens
- Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders With No Breading
- Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs
- Easy Tortilla Pizzas
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving of has 1 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Slice chicken breast against the grain and place in a mixing bowl with fajitas seasoning and 2 tsp of olive oil. Stir to combine. (Marinate for up to 24 hours in the fridge).2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, 2.5 tbsp fajitas seasoning, 1 tbsp olive oil
- Brush olive oil on the basket of the air fryer. Add seasoned chicken. Set mixing bowl aside.
- Set air fryer to 400 degrees F and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add sliced onions and peppers to the now-empty mixing bowl, and add 1 tsp olive oil. Stir to coat veggies in oil, removing any fajitas seasoning from the sides.1 cup onions, 1 cup peppers
- Add onions and peppers to the air fryer, and stir the chicken to redistribute.
- Cook for an additional 8 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest strip of chicken.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the oven rack on the middle rung.
Arrange the chicken and peppers/onion mixture on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and then turn the broiler on HIGH for 4 minutes (watch closely so it doesn’t burn.