Air Fryer Roasted Garlic Recipe
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic is so simple to make and even better, cooking it won’t heat up your house! Packed with flavor, roasted garlic cloves add a delicious and mellow garlic flavor to so many dishes. You’ll love how quickly this roasted garlic recipe comes together!
Roasted garlic is one of those little cooking techniques that can make you feel like a total kitchen pro. Unlike raw garlic, roasted garlic is milder, with a deeper almost sweet flavor.
Just like these Crispy Fried Onions, roasted garlic elevates any recipe you pair with it.
If raw garlic has you running for the hills, roasted garlic cloves might just be the solution you’ve been searching for.
Using an air fryer for roasting garlic means you can roast as little or as much as you’d like, all without needing to use your oven. We love our air fryer (we have this Power XL model) for its efficiency and for the fact that it doesn’t heat up our kitchen.
If you don’t have an air fryer, this post on Instant Pot Roasted Garlic has pressure cooking and conventional oven instructions. You’ve got options and are out of excuses – roasted garlic is happening in your house! 🙂
We love garlic so much that we dedicate an entire raised bed in our garden to growing it each year. If you have some garden space of your own, check out this post on How to Plant Garlic. It’s a step by step process to help you plant this super easy crop.
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic Ingredients
We’re rocking just two simple ingredients for this recipe:
- Fresh heads of garlic
- Olive oil
Can Aluminium Foil Be Used in an Air Fryer
Yes. I don’t normally use foil in my air fryer because it can impact the flow of air for crisping items, but this air fryer roasted garlic doesn’t need to be crisped.
In this case, we’re simply using the air fryer like a mini oven to roast and soften the heads of garlic.
RECIPES FOR USING Air Fryer ROASTED GARLIC
- Baked Brie and Roasted Garlic. Hold me, this is delicious and easy!
- Mellow out this Pub Cheese or Avocado Yogurt Dip with roasted instead of raw garlic.
- Healthy Sausage and Roasted Vegetables – a sheet pan dinner where everything roasts together to caramelize into a heavenly mix of unicorn tears.
- Slather it on some Whole Wheat Pizza Dough for a garlicky and delicious homemade pizza.
- Roasted Garlic, Cheddar & Olive Oil White Bean Mash – um, yes, please. All of this. I’ll have two.
- For all that is holy, please mix it with a bit of salt and pile it straight onto toasted baguettes!
- Add it to Garlic Hummus for a milder, less intense flavor.
- Toss it with some olive oil, fresh Roma tomatoes, salt, pepper, and chopped basil and use it in this Garden Fresh Tomato Bruschetta topping.
- Add it to Fluffy Mashed Potatoes. Please. Do it.
How to Make Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
*You’ll find a detailed and printable version of this recipe at the bottom of the post.
Start by cutting the tops off of your garlic heads, exposing the individual cloves.
Place the bulbs in the middle of a piece of foil and drizzle olive oil over the tops of the garlic bulbs. Pro tip: the amount of olive oil needed will depend on the size of garlic heads you are using. On average, you’ll want at least 1/4-1/2 tsp per head.
Tightly wrap up the garlic in the foil and place in the basket of your air fryer. For average to large heads, cook for 27 minutes at 400 degrees. For smaller heads of garlic, check for “doneness” at 22 minutes.
If you want to be extra (always be extra), carefully remove the foil from around the garlic and bake with the heads exposed for two minutes at 400 degrees. This adds a nicely browned look to the top of the bulbs.
HOW TO STORE Air Fryer ROASTED GARLIC
- Allow the garlic to fully cool before handling! Nobody wants hands that smell like garlic and roasted fingers.
- Squeeze the cloves into a container with a lid like a mason jar.
- Cover with olive oil and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- To freeze roasted garlic: gently mash the cloves and add to sections of an ice cube tray. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top and freeze. Remove and store in freezer storage (we love these reusable silicone storage bags).
More Recipes Like This
- Whole30 Mayo
- Cilantro Chimichurri
- Whole30 Taco Seasoning
- Air Fryer Roasted Beets
- Paleo + Whole30 BBQ Sauce
- Whole30 Pesto
- Pressure Cooker Caramelized Onions
Air Fryer ROASTED GARLIC WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving of Air Fryer Roasted Garlic has 0 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic Recipe
- Cut the tops off of the garlic heads, exposing the individual cloves.
- Place the bulbs in the middle of a piece of foil and drizzle olive oil over the tops of the garlic bulbs. Pro tip: the amount of olive oil needed will depend on the size of garlic heads you are using. On average, you'll want at least 1/4-1/2 tsp per head.
- Tightly wrap up the garlic in the foil and place in the basket of your air fryer.
- Bake for 27 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Optional: carefully remove the foil from around the garlic and bake with the heads exposed for two minutes at 400 degrees. This gently browns the top of the bulbs.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.