Looking for a delicious and easy savory appetizer? Baked Brie With Garlic is creamy, packed with flavor, and a sure-fire hit at your next party.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an easy appetizer that requires very little hands-on time. I’m all for the lazy hors-d’oeuvres that look fancy, but don’t take much effort on my part.
This dish has super creamy brie cheese topped with roasted garlic and wrapped in puffed pastry. I mean, c’mon. This is pure joy on a plate.
Do You Take The Rind Off Brie Before Baking?
I don’t. That takes more effort and while I don’t love the rind when eating brie cold, it’s totally delicious when warm. Additionally, removing the rind may cause some cheese oozage when baked.
Brie comes in wheels (rounds) or wedges. Feel free to use whichever you prefer or have access to in your local grocery store. For this recipe, I used an 8 oz wheel.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- I have two posts on how to make roasted garlic (in the air fryer or the Instant Pot), and then of course you can make it in the oven too.
- You can store the roasted garlic in the fridge for a few days to make this an easy-to-prep app.
- Give the baked brie a chance to rest/cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. This makes it easier to handle and as an added bonus, it won’t stick to the roof of your mouth like a cheesy piece of hot lava.
- This recipe only uses one puff pastry sheet, and they come two to a box. Use the other sheet at a later date to make your own amazing Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets.
Baked Brie With Garlic
Roasting the Garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with a small piece of foil AND a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the top section of the heads of garlic and place the garlic on the foil.2 heads garlic
- Drizzle each head with about 1/2 tsp of olive oil. Wrap the foil up and around the garlic to create a small pouch.1 tsp olive oil
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the individual cloves are soft and caramelized. Set aside to cool.
Making the Brie in Puff Pastry
- Place puff pastry at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.1 frozen puff pastry
- Unfold puff pastry and lay it on the baking sheet.
- Place the wedge/wheel of brie in the middle.8 oz brie
- Squeeze heads pf roasted garlic to remove the cloves over the brie.
- Fold one side over. Then the other side, and repeat until you have a nice little carb covered piece of brie.
- Optional: lightly brush a whisked egg over the top with a pastry brush. This will give your puff pastry a nice little golden top.1 egg
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let it sit for 15 minutes, and then serve with crackers and/or veggies.
Shop this Post:
(may include affiliate links)
Interesting and different. I don’t know why I always think sweet such as fruit jam when I serve brie. I love this idea- thanks
Glad you enjoyed it!
I am not a fan of sweet and savory in most cases…and I LOVE roasted garlic. So to my tummy, this makes sense. 🙂
Potentially a silly question, but am I supposed to be pre-roasting the garlic here?:
“Squeeze your roasted garlic bulbs over the cheese until the individual cloves come out.”
Thanks! Excited to make this for Thanksgiving!
Yep! I have two recipes for two different roasting methods if you’d like.