Air Fryer Texas Toast
This homemade Air Fryer Texas Toast is an easy and delicious side dish that is ready in a flash! Perfectly cooked in the air fryer, you’ll love this delicious and crispy garlic bread.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Texas toast in the air fryer is the speedy weeknight side dish that you both need and deserve. It’s FAST, crispy, delicious, and freezes like a dream. This is the homemade garlic bread recipe that we all need in our back pocket.
Texas toast is so tasty with its buttery and garlic crispy sides. Serve it alongside Air Fryer French Onion Pork Chops, Instant Pot Beef Stew, Dairy-Free Tomato Soup, Instant Pot Lentil Soup, or a Kale Chopped Salad.
Freezing Homemade Texas Toast
Apply the butter solution to both sides of the cut bread and then place unbaked on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper. Freeze for 2 hours and then transfer to freezer-proof storage. These are our favorite reusable freezer bags.
To cook the frozen Texas toast in the air fryer, follow the baking instructions in the recipe card below, but add 1 minute of cooking time.
Pro Tips/Recipe Note
- Make sure you stir up the butter solution with the pastry brush for each new piece of bread. The minced garlic will settle to the bottom.
- Some bread might be more “thirsty” than other kinds. If you’re running out of the butter mixture with the last few pieces, drizzle in a bit more olive oil to extend the volume.
- Yes, you can use gluten-free bread for this! I would increase the olive oil to 3-4 tbsp since gluten-free bread tends to be a little dryer and may absorb more liquid.
- Throw a little grated Parmesan on top of the bread after you’ve flipped it, and cook for 2 minutes for a cheesy bread option.
- Need a plant-based option? You can use all olive oil or add in some of your favorite dairy-free butter.
More Delicious Air Fryer Side Dishes
- Air Fryer Home Fries
- Air Fryer Green Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Fried Okra
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Beets
Check Out More Awesome Bread Recipes
- Air Fryer Pretzel Bites
- Pretzel Buns
- Air Fryer Biscuits
- No-Knead Dutch Bread
- Air Fryer Cornbread
- Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits From Scratch
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
Air Fryer Texas Toast
- Slice bread into 1-1.5 inch thick slices.
- Add butter, olive oil, minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and kosher salt to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, or until butter is fully melted. Stir.
- Brush both sides of all the bread slices with the butter mixture. Allow slices to sit for 2 minutes.
- Use air fryer parchment or brush olive oil in the air fryer basket, and place bread slices in the basket.
- Cook at 360F for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes depending on your preference for crispiness.
Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Place buttered bread slices on the skillet and cook for 1-3 minutes, flip, and cook for another 2-3 minutes depending on your crispiness preference.