Transform a simple baguette into Cheesy Garlic Bread with the best homemade garlic butter spread. This easy garlic cream cheese bread recipe lets you make a delicious and affordable side from scratch.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This homemade garlic bread is so good, so creamy, and soooooo garlicky. It is the kind of cheese bread that you’ll need to use your fork to defend the pieces on your plate from other family members.
Can I Make The Garlic Butter Spread Ahead of Time?
Yes! You can make the garlic bread spread and store it in the fridge for up to a week, or the freezer for three months. You can also use leftover garlic butter in these Fluffy Mashed Potatoes or Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes for an incredible flavor.
Can I Freeze Cheesy Garlic Bread?
Absolutely! Maybe you got a great deal on bread or cream cheese or just want to have a few loaves ready to go? It’s totally freezeable; you got this.
Put the garlic butter spread on the bread and place a piece of parchment between the two slices (to keep the cheese from sticking to the other slice upon thawing). Wrap tightly in foil without baking and place in a freezer bag.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes:
- Make sure your butter and cream cheese are at room temperature or the cheese mixture won’t mix well and will be lumpy.
- If raw garlic is a bit overwhelming for you, replace it with roasted garlic. Related: Air Fryer Roasted Garlic and Instant Pot Roasted Garlic.
- Watch your bread closely while it is under the broiler. It can go from “amazing and toasty” to “burnt hockey puck” in a heartbeat.
- No mixer? Microwave the cream cheese and butter for 10 seconds at a time until it is soft. Mix really well with a fork.
- The flavor will be even more awesome if you refrigerate the garlic butter spread for a few hours. But if you don’t have time for that it’s ok to use it right away.
- The finished bread is easier to cut if you have a pair of kitchen shears.
What Goes With Garlic Cream Cheese Bread?
Besides more garlic bread, I recommend serving your bread with these recipes:
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Creamy White Bean Soup
- Spicy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Dry Brine Roast Chicken
- A plate of pasta or zoodles topped with Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
- Creamy One-Pot Pasta With Peas
More Great Bread Recipes to Try
- Air Fryer Biscuits
- Stuffing Biscuits
- Homemade Pretzel Buns
- Air Fryer Texas Toast
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit
- Air Fryer Pretzel Bites
- Garlic Knots from Cook it Real Good
- Air Fryer Cornbread
- No-Knead Dutch Oven Bread
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, cream cheese, parmesan, and garlic and beat on medium until well combined.1/4 cup unsalted butter, 1/4 cup cream cheese, 1/3 cup shredded or grated Parmesan, 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Add the herbs, and beat on low until the herbs are distributed. If possible, refrigerate for 2 hours.1 tbsp fresh basil, 1 tbsp fresh parsley, 1 tsp dried oregano
- Slice the baguette in half, length-wise down the middle. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.1 baguette
- (If refrigerated) Microwave the butter mix for about 15 seconds to soften. Using a silicone spatula, spread the mixture evenly on the baguettes.
- Place under the broiler for 2 minutes (on high) or 3 minutes (on low), or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbling.