This delicious Instant Pot Chicken and Bacon Risotto is a one-pot weeknight dinner that is packed with amazing flavors. Ready in a flash, this pressure cooker risotto eliminates the long cook time and constant stirring of a stovetop version.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you love our Instant Pot Asparagus Risotto, but wanted to turn it into a main dish, this chicken and bacon risotto is about to become your new favorite thing. Even better, it’s ready in 22 minutes.
What to Serve With Risotto
You can also make this a complete one-pot dish by stirring in some frozen peas, baby spinach, or chopped kale after the risotto has finished cooking. Place the lid back on the Instant Pot for 2 minutes to allow the veggies to heat up a bit, and then serve.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- If you double the recipe the cooking time will remain the same, but it may take longer to come to pressure.
- You can use leftover roast chicken, air fryer chicken tenders without breading, or store-bought rotisserie chicken. Add it in after the risotto has finished cooking.
- Sub in chicken thighs for the chicken breast for a more affordable option.
- Sub in leftover Instant Pot Ham instead of the bacon.
- Low-sodium chicken stock is recommended.
- The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, but you and I both know that cheese needs to be measured with your heart. Feel free to add more to taste!
- If you have leftover shallots, make some Quick Pickled Shallots or use them in Lemon Garlic Pasta.
Chicken and Bacon Risotto
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté.
- Cook chopped bacon until it is about 75% cooked. Drain excess grease if necessary.
- Add butter, diced chicken, shallot, and garlic.
- Cook on sauté for ~1 minute, or until shallots are starting to soften and butter has melted.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and add chicken stock. Scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot insert with a wooden spoon to deglaze.
- Add rice, white wine, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Lock the lid into place and set the steam release handle (valve on top) to “Sealing”. Press Manual>High Pressure>5 minutes.
- When the IP beeps, turn to "off". Allow it to sit for 2 minutes and then do a quick release with the nozzle set to venting.
- When the vent has dropped, carefully open the lid and stir in Parmesan cheese.