This amazing back pocket Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce will transform anything you drizzle it over. Steak, chicken, veggies, and eggs are all instantly transformed with this herby packed sauce!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chimichurri is one of those incredible sauces you can easily make yourself and it goes well with EVERYTHING!
If you love green sauces that bring so much flavor to different dishes, you’ll also love this Vegan Pesto recipe.
What is Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce Made of?
At its base, there is parsley, some kind of pepper or chili, garlic, salt, an acid, and olive oil. My version has all of those things but I added a few more ingredients.
I’ve always been of the mindset that the “best” or “perfect” way to make anything is to make it how you like it. What is the point of following an “authentic” recipe if you end up hating it because it doesn’t have your favorite flavors?
What Do You Put Chimichurri Sauce On?
Originally it was created for and used on steak. But this is now my go-to sauce for Make-Ahead Scrambled Eggs, Air Fryer Fish Tacos, homemade french fries, Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos, frozen scrambled eggs, instant pot jasmine rice, meat (like Air Fryer Mahi Mahi or Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp), roasted frozen veggies, and Lentil Nachos.
Do You Need a Food Processor to Make Chimichurri?
No. In fact, many people prefer the texture of a hand-chopped sauce. I do like using my food processor because it is faster and I get more uniform pieces.
- Personalize the recipe to your taste. If you know you don’t love things super garlicky, then reduce the garlic in the first part of the recipe. Not a fan of spicy? Leave out the red pepper flakes or considerably reduce what is called for. You can always add more of something later if you’d like! It is much harder to fix a recipe after the fact.
- If you don’t love the strong taste of raw garlic, try using roasted garlic instead.
- If you do choose to use a food processor, make sure you use the “pulse” function instead of the puree/blend options. You do want to see some texture and chunks in there.
- Will keep for about two weeks in the fridge.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving has 3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce
- Pulse the garlic in the food processor a few times until the pieces are small.4 cloves garlic
- Add the rest of the ingredients through the olive oil and pulse.1 cup parsley, 3/4 cup cilantro, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 lime, juiced, 1 green onion, 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Continue to pulse while adding the olive oil.1/2 cup olive oil
- Store in a glass container with a lid.