Easy Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Learn the easiest way to make hard-boiled eggs ever! Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are so simple and easy to peel – even with fresh eggs! Discover how life-changing pressure cooking eggs using the 6-6-6 method.
Dinosaurs love hard boiled eggs. FACT.
Spring is almost here and that means those fluffy-butted freeloaders out in my chicken coop are about ready to start earning their keep again. It’s about time. Slackers.
We’ve been eating store-bought eggs since last fall and I can confidently declare that there is nothing better than a homegrown egg. Unless of course, I could find a chicken that laid Cadbury Eggs. Because that would top everything under the sun.
Anyway, back to the fresh eggs. They rule. But they are a giant pain in the butt when you want to make hard-boiled eggs. Everyone knows that older eggs are easier to peel when hard boiled. But what if your winged egg machines are pumping out eggs and you need to hard boil some now? Well, friends, you turn to the Instant Pot.
My Instant Pot is a beast in my kitchen, getting used almost daily. It makes delicious breakfast quinoa, yogurt, Asian Chicken Tacos, and amazing Tortilla Soup. The only thing it can’t do is wash itself. Slacker.
It also has the distinction of making incredibly fast and easy to peel hard-boiled eggs.
How to Make Easy Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs – Step by Step
- Place the trivet/rack on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add water and place the eggs on the trivet.
- Secure the lid and set the vent to sealing. Cook on high pressure for five minutes.
- Natural release for five minutes and then perform a quick release to let any additional steam out.
- Give those eggs a nice dip in the ice water and then stick those bad boys in the fridge.
Things to Make With Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Um, eat them! Salt, fresh cracked pepper, and dried dill are a hard-boiled eggs best friend.
- Healthy Deviled Eggs. Oh my yes.
- Chef/cobb salads. We eat these during the summer and for easy meals during baseball season.
- Pickle those bad boys! My mother-in-law loves to pickle eggs in brine leftover from pickles and Encurtido.
- Potato salad (related: Instant Pot Potato Salad Without Mayo)
- Egg salad
Make some Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs today. Before they’re extinct…
Check out all our Whole30 Breakfast Recipes
Easy Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving of Easy Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs has 0 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- eggs as many as your heart desires
- 1 cup water
- Place the trivet/rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add water and place the eggs on the trivet as evenly as possible.
- Secure the lid and set the vent to sealing. Press manual>high pressure>5 minutes.
- When the cook time is up, do a natural release for 5 minutes and then flip the vent to venting and perform a quick release.
- Carefully place eggs in a bowl full of ice water. Place in the fridge. Remove from the ice bath after an hour. Peel when eggs are completely cold.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Shop this Post:
(may include affiliate links)