Homemade no-churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream is an easy and creamy recipe that you’ll want to make over and over again. Four ingredients and just five minutes of hands-on time for an easy and delicious dessert.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Now, my friends, I’ve heard you. Loud and clear. You don’t want complicated desserts from me. You want it sweet, quick, and easy. Nothing fussy. And if there are minimal dishes, you’ll love it even more.
Peanut butter cup ice cream checks all those boxes and more. No cook, no churn, no ice cream maker. All flavor. No-fuss.
What Ingredients Are In No Churn Ice Cream?
This egg-less ice cream only has four main ingredients:
- heavy cream
- peanut butter (I used PB2. More on that in a minute)
- sweetened condensed milk
- mini peanut butter cups
It’s a really convenient thing to use in certain desserts and I like the results better than using regular peanut butter. But, if you only have traditional peanut butter hanging around, the recipe card below will walk you through options.
Using sweetened condensed milk is the secret to keeping this peanut butter cup ice cream no-bake and no-churn. The liquidy sweetness means no heating milk to dissolve sugar and it keeps the ice cream from getting icy which allows you to skip the process of tempering eggs.
Can I Make This Dairy-Free?
Oh, my dairy-free friends, I do love you so much and have lots of recipes for you. But this is not one of them. If you are looking for a dairy-free/vegan ice cream option, check out this Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream Recipe.
- No powdered peanut butter? Add in 4 tbsp of creamy peanut butter to whip with the heavy whipping cream. You could also add half of the ice cream to your freezer-container and then drop in spoonfuls of peanut butter. Top with the rest of the ice cream base and then more peanut butter. Use a knife or chopstick to create peanut butter ripple swirls.
- To ramp up the chocolate flavor you could mix in chocolate sauce with the sweetened condensed milk, or add in spoonfuls of fudge sauce during the freezing process (see bullet point above).
- The base recipe of heavy cream + sweetened condensed milk could be used in so many different variations to make any kind of ice cream you might want. Add vanilla with the condensed milk and then throw in any variations of things – candy pieces, nuts, fruit, etc.
Here’s How To Make No-Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Pro tip: I like to start at the lowest mixer setting and slowly increase it until it is on max. Throw a clean towel over the mixer to keep splatters at a minimum.
With the mixer turned off, add in the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter cups. Gently fold it in with a silicone spatula. Don’t overmix since you don’t want to deflate all the amazing air you just created.
Place it in a freezer-proof container and carefully cover with a piece of plastic wrap, ensuring it makes contact with the top of the ice cream. Freeze until solid!
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- Chill your mixing bowl, whisk attachment, and can of sweetened condensed milk in the fridge for 30 minutes prior to mixing to make this go even faster.
- Don’t overmix the whipping cream. It can go from “perfect for ice cream” to “oops I made peanut butter flavored butter” in a short amount of time.
- If you’re unable to find mini peanut butter cups, use normal-sized cups and chop them to bite-sized.
- Some recipes use a full can of sweetened condensed milk but I found that much too sweet. You’ll have half of the can leftover so you can make another batch of ice cream or even use it to sweeten your coffee.
- As with most homemade ice creams, this one becomes very firm in the freezer after about 10 hours. It’s best enjoyed the day of. After that, if needed, you can leave it at room temperature for 15-20 minutes prior to scooping.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, whip cold heavy cream, and the PB2 for 2-3 minutes or until stiff peaks form. It’s ready when you can hold the whisk sideways and the cream doesn’t drip.2 cups heavy whipping cream, 6 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
- With the mixer turned off, add in the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter cups. Gently fold it in with a silicone spatula.1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups
- Place it in a freezer-proof container and carefully press a piece of plastic wrap over the top, ensuring it makes contact with the top of the ice cream.
- Freeze until solid, ~4-5 hours.
- Start the mixer at the lowest setting and slowly increase it until it is on max. Throw a clean towel over the mixer to keep splatters at a minimum.
- No powdered peanut butter? Add in 4 tbsp of creamy peanut butter with the heavy whipping cream.