Reusable Snack Bags
An easy tutorial for DIY eco-friendly Reusable Snack Bags. Learn how to make these washable and sustainable snack and sandwich bags.
Sick of throwing out plastic baggies just because you needed a quick snack to throw in your purse (diaper bag, backpack, etc.)? Well, friends, I have a simple solution for you. And it’s easy too. And cheap. And fast. It’s taking all my strength not to make a pervy joke right here…
Anyhoo, once you’ve made one of these, you’ll be able to duplicate them in about 15 minutes. I promise! The hardest part is figuring out the first one.
Resusable Snack Bags Supplies
-Sew on velcro
Just a note before we get started. Any time you start or stop a new stitch, you need to backstitch to secure it. If you don’t know what backstitching is, check the manual that came with your sewing machine to find the button on yours that does this.
1) Figure out how long and wide you want your bag to be. Then double it. Cut your fabric and nylon so that they’re the same size.
2) Fold your fabric in half so that the pretty side is facing itself. Fold your nylon in half as well. Press a seam with a cool iron.
3) Unfold your nylon, and put a piece of velcro cut to size on each end of the nylon. Hold in place with one straight pin per piece of velcro.
6) With the velcro on the outside, sew the two equal edges of your nylon together. Now you’re making a nylon pocket.
7) Put the nylon pocket inside of the fabric pocket with the velcro facing out.
10) Turn the fabric inside out. Then push the nylon back into the pouch.