Once you taste Air Fryer Asparagus, you’ll never make it any other way! Deliciously tender and perfectly crisp, asparagus in the air fryer is a simple and speedy side dish.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Listen, I love asparagus. A lot. But I officially declare asparagus in the air fryer as my favorite way to eat this amazing springtime veggie. Line drawn. Bold declaration made.
You’ll love this asparagus alongside Paleo Salmon Cakes, Lemon Garlic Pasta, Ham and Swiss Quiche, or a Dry Brined Chicken. It’s also a delicious dish to serve with Air Fryer Egg Rolls, or use some to top this Instant Pot Asparagus Risotto.
Can You Cook Frozen Asparagus in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can use frozen asparagus in the air fryer! The key for cooking frozen asparagus is to not thaw it before cooking and to make sure the air fryer is fully preheated. That allows the asparagus to get that perfect sear and start roasting right away.
How Long Do You reheat Asparagus in the Air Fryer?
Personally, I find the asparagus best right from the air fryer, but if you need to reheat, ~2 minutes at 390F will do the trick.
HOW TO TRIM ASPARAGUS
Hold one stalk of asparagus, and try to snap the end off. Where it snaps is the natural breaking point. You can snap each stalk individually, but I usually cut all the ends off at about the same point with a sharp knife to save time.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- Don’t be aggressive with spritzing the olive oil on the stalks. Over time I’ve discovered that too much olive oil = mushy asparagus. I use my Misto to get even coverage.
- Fatter asparagus spears may need an additional 1-3 minutes of cooking time.
- Swap out the salt with garlic salt, or add fresh (or frozen) chopped garlic when cooking.
- Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a squirt of fresh lemon juice. Or a heft drizzle of our Gluten-Free Cheese Sauce.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving has 1 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Air Fryer Asparagus
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the woody ends from the stalks.1 pound asparagus
- On a plate or baking sheet, lightly spritz/spray with olive oil.1 tsp olive oil
- Place asparagus in the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes, or until they have reached your desired level of crispy.
- Sprinkle finished asparagus with sea salt. Serve immediately.pinch kosher salt
Oven Roasting Instructions:
Place your oven rack on the lowest setting and preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
Lightly mist the sheet pan with olive oil.
Place your asparagus on the pan, mist with olive oil
Roast for 6 minutes, flip, and cook for another 4-7 minutes. Salt to taste (optional).