Once you taste Air Fryer Asparagus, you’ll never make it any other way! Deliciously tender and perfectly crisp, this air fryer asparagus recipe is a simple and healthy side dish.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I officially declare asparagus in the air fryer as my favorite way to eat this amazing veggie. Line drawn!
It’s such a quick and healthy side dish, and you only need 12 minutes from start to finish to make this incredible air-fried asparagus.
You’ll find the exact measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This recipe is rocking:
- fresh asparagus
- olive oil
- kosher or another flaky salt
How to Make Air Fryer Asparagus
*I’ll walk you through it here, and you’ll also find a detailed and printable recipe card at the bottom of this post
Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
Trim the asparagus by removing the woody ends. Toss to coat the asparagus with olive oil either by drizzling it over the stalks or spraying it using a Misto.
Arrange the asparagus in the air fryer and roast asparagus for 7-9 minutes, depending on how you prefer your asparagus. I’m team “extra crispy”, but you do you! Sprinkle the asparagus with salt and enjoy.
How to Store and Reheat Asparagus
Store fully cooled air fryer roasted asparagus in an air-tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
To reheat, cook cold asparagus for about ~2 minutes at 390F. I do like to spritz the cooked asparagus with a bit more olive oil prior to reheating it.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- Don’t be aggressive with spritzing the olive oil on the stalks. Over time I’ve discovered that too much olive oil = mushy asparagus. I use my Misto to get even coverage.
- Fatter asparagus spears may need an additional 1-3 minutes of cooking time.
- Swap out the salt with garlic salt, or add fresh (or frozen) chopped garlic when cooking.
- I prefer just kosher salt, but feel free to salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a squirt of fresh lemon juice. Or a hefty drizzle of our Gluten-Free Cheese Sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hold one stalk of asparagus, and try to snap the end off. Where it snaps is the natural breaking point. You can snap each stalk individually, but I usually cut all the ends off at about the same point with a sharp knife to save time.
Yes, you can use frozen asparagus in the air fryer! The key to cooking frozen asparagus is to not thaw it before cooking and to make sure the air fryer is fully preheated. That allows the asparagus to get that perfect sear and start roasting right away.
Yes. Each cup of (cooked/roasted) asparagus contains 8 carbs, and 4g of fiber, resulting in 4g of carbs per serving.
There is no need to soal asparagus unless you are using wild-harvested asparagus or homegrown asparagus that looks especially dirty or has a lot of bits of soil stuck to the stalks and tips.
I love the flavor of extra virgin olive oil for air fryer roasted asparagus. Avocado oil, vegetable oil, or coconut oil also work nicely.
What To Serve With This Recipe
This air fryer asparagus recipe is also delicious served alongside Lemon Garlic Pasta, Ham and Swiss Quiche, Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu, Instant Pot Chuck Roast, Air Fryer Cornish Hens, and Instant Pot Beef Tips.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving has 1 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the woody ends from the stalks.1 pound asparagus
- On a plate or baking sheet, lightly spritz/spray with olive oil.1 tsp olive oil
- Place asparagus in the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes, or until they have reached your desired level of crispy.
- Sprinkle finished asparagus with sea salt. Serve immediately.pinch kosher salt
Oven Roasting Instructions:
Place your oven rack on the lowest setting and preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
Lightly mist the sheet pan with olive oil.
Place your asparagus on the pan, mist with olive oil
Roast for 6 minutes, flip, and cook for another 4-7 minutes. Salt to taste (optional).