Air Fryer Calzones
These delicious Air Fryer Calzones come together in just a few minutes with a few simple ingredients. Perfect for fast dinners or snacks, they’re also easy enough for kids to make on their own.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Making calzones in the air fryer is a bit of a non-recipe recipe. It’s open to a lot of variations depending on what is in your fridge, the size of your air fryer, and what everyone in the family likes in their calzones. Use my instructions as a guideline and then go make it your own.
For this recipe, you can use storebought pizza dough or homemade (related: 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Dough), open a jar of pizza sauce, or make your own (related: Homemade Sugar-Free Pizza Sauce). If you’re making pizza dough from scratch, add 1 hour to the prep time for the recipe.
Once you realize how awesome it is to whip up fast meals in your air fryer, make sure you check out our Air Fryer Taquitos, Tortilla Pizzas, Air Fryer Meatballs, Air Fryer Chicken Quesadillas, and Air Fryer French Bread Pizza.
How to Freeze Calzones
Want to meal prep a batch of these? Assemble according to the instructions in the recipe card below. Place unbaked calzones on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper. Freeze for 3 hours and transfer to freezer-safe storage.
To bake: place frozen calzones in the air fryer and bake at 375F for 11 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned. Check at 9 minutes.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- If you’re using refrigerated pizza dough, allow it to come to room temperature before rolling.
- For gluten-free options, use your favorite gluten-free pizza dough or pie crust.
- Any meats you use in the air fryer calzones must be cooked prior to baking.
- Watery vegetables (like mushrooms, zucchini, etc.) are best if sauteed and drained of excess water prior to baking the calzones.
More Delish Recipes You’ll Love
- See all our Air Fryer Appetizers here!
- Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets
- Air Fryer Salmon Patties
- Air Fryer French Onion Pork Chops
- Easy Ravioli Bake
- Pizza Crepes
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Air Fryer Pizza Pinwheels
Air Fryer Calzones
- Divide the dough into 8 equally sized pieces.
- Working with 1 piece at a time, roll into a 6-inch circle to the thickness of ~1/8 inch.
- Spread 1-2 tbsp of pizza sauce on one half of the circle, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Add ~3 tbsp cheese and ~2 tbsp various toppings.
- Fold the clean side of the dough up and over the filled side.
- Gently twist and pinch https://www.sustainablecooks.com/whole-wheat-pizza-dough/the edges together to seal the calzone. Use a knife to cut 2-3 vents in the top.
- Brush olive oil on the basket of the air fryer AND the top of the calzone.
- Place 1-2 calzones in the air fryer and bake at 370F for 9 minutes (check at 7 minutes since all air fryers will bake slightly differently).
Bake on a baking sheet at 435F for 15-20 minutes.