Ditch the store-bought frozen snacks and make your own Homemade Pizza Rolls at home! Baked, not fried, these air fryer pizza rolls are ready in only 8 minutes and can be frozen for a quick snack.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone else a survivor of teenage pizza roll burn injuries? Apparently, those things were filled with lava…and regret.
The homemade version is so good, so easy, and even better, you can make and freeze them ahead of time. Boom! Snack genius. Thy name is YOU.
And while I use the air fryer (this is the model we have), I’ve also included skillet and oven baking instructions as well.
If you have leftover wrappers, whip up some of these other air fryer roll recipes: Apple Pie Egg Rolls, Air Fryer Egg Rolls, Mac and Cheese Egg Rolls, and Bacon and Egg Rolls.
How to Make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
I came up with this handy little step-by-step photo guide for you to learn to work with egg roll wrappers.
- Set up a “wrapping” station with pizza sauce, mozzarella, and any other mix-ins that you’d like, a plate, a small dish of water, and a pastry brush.
- Place the wrapper on a plate or cutting board. You’ll want it shaped like a diamond, with the bottom pointing toward you. Place 1 tsp of sauce, 2 tbsp of mozzarella, and a little bit of any other toppings in the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Roll up the bottom point of the diamond so that it goes up and over the filling, but only goes to the center of the wrapper.
- Fold in the left side of the wrapper to cover the center.
- Fold in the right side of the wrapper to cover the left fold.
- Starting from the bottom, roll the egg roll wrapper up until just the top point of the wrapper is still exposed.
- Brush some water on the top point of the egg roll, and fold it down. You may need to brush a bit more water over the edges to “seal” the egg roll closed.
- Repeat until you have 4-5 egg rolls made. You can make more while the first batch is cooking.
How to Make Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
If making your own pizza rolls is not your jam, you can easily buy a bag of premade frozen pizza rolls from the grocery store.
To make air fryer frozen pizza rolls, preheat your air fryer to 370F for 3 minutes. Add pizza rolls in a single layer, and cook at 370F for 5-8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
WHERE TO BUY EGG ROLL WRAPPERS
In most grocery stores, you’ll find egg roll wrappers in the produce section near bottled salad dressings and sauces. They’re super affordable at $2-3 for 20. If you have access to a great Asian market, you’ll find a much wider variety there.
Air Fryer Pizza ROLLS PRO TIPS/RECIPE NOTES
- I prefer to brush olive oil over the egg rolls rather than spray them. I find the wrappers bubble up more when sprayed.
- You can use no oil at all if you’d like. They won’t be as crispy but they’ll still be tasty!
- Any meat you’d like to add to your rolls must be cooked before going into the air fryer.
- Do not over-stuff the wrappers or you’ll have a lot of cheese and sauce leaking out.
- You can make these ahead of time. Keep unbaked egg rolls covered in the fridge for up to a day, or freeze them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and then transfer them to freezer storage (I used these Stasher bags). Brush frozen egg rolls with olive oil and then bake for the normal amount of time.
- Try Homemade Sugar-Free Pizza Sauce, chopped Air Fryer Bacon, or Whole30 Breakfast Sausage for delicious rolls.
MORE DELICIOUS APPETIZERS YOU’LL LOVE
- See all our Air Fryer Appetizers here!
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Calzones
- Air Fryer Cheese Curds
- Easy Tortilla Pizzas
- Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
- Air Fryer Biscuits
- Quesadillas in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Easy Air Fryer Pickles
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Frozen Air Fryer Egg Rolls
Homemade Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- 20 egg roll wrappers
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tsp olive oil
- additional toppings of your choice
- Add ~1 tsp pizza sauce, ~2 tbsp mozzarella, and ~1 tsp of additional toppings to the bottom third of the egg roll wrapper.1/3 cup pizza sauce, 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, additional toppings of your choice, 20 egg roll wrappers
- Assemble the rolls (see the step-by-step photos in the post). Brush olive oil over the top of the egg rolls.2 tsp olive oil
- Brush olive oil on the basket of the air fryer. Place the egg rolls in the basket, seam side down, without letting them touch each other.2 tsp olive oil
- Bake at 360F for 6 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 2 minutes.
- All meats must be cooked before being put into the air fryer.
- You can use no oil if desired. They won’t be as crispy but they’ll still be tasty.
- To freeze: place uncooked egg rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and freeze. Then transfer to a freezer-proof bag or container. Do not thaw before cooking.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Then add enough olive or avocado oil to cover the bottom of the skillet. Place the egg roll “seam side” down in the oil.
- Cook it until that side is crispy and brown, and then flip. When finished cooking, place them on a plate lined with newspaper or paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
- Place a baking rack on a foil-lined baking sheet. Liberally spray the rack with olive oil.
- Put the egg rolls seam side down on the baking rack and brush olive oil over the top.
- Bake at 325 F for 12 minutes, and flip. Bake for an additional 8-12 minutes or until the egg rolls are nice and crispy without being burned.
Shop this Post:
(may include affiliate links)
I made these as snack for the new year’s eve party we’re going to attend. Was a huge hit. Did exchange the pasta sauce for creme fraiche, but definitely a keeper.
Oh, the creme fraiche is so intriguing to me! I’ll have to try that. 🙂