Crunchy Salad Toppers (Whole30, Paleo, GF, Keto, Vegan)
These healthy Crunchy Salad Toppers help you bring something extraordinary to your favorite salad. Packed full of flavor, these salad toppers are Whole30 compliant, paleo, gluten-free, keto, and vegan/vegetarian.
After making the first batch of these crunchy salad toppers, I promptly needed to make another pan. Um, I kinda ate them all, standing over the hot pan, fresh out of the oven. It wasn’t my proudest moment, but sorry not sorry.
These crispy little salad gems were born out of my general mehness over salads. Overall, I find salad ridiculously boring and uninspiring. But, when my husband and I are on a Whole30 round, salads are the perfect medium for getting more veggies into our diet.
Salads need a crunch factor and since croutons are off the table on Whole30, these crunchy salad toppers were born. And I’m never going back to croutons!
What Ingredients Are in These Crunchy Salad Toppers?
Once you take a bite of these, you’ll think they’re made with unicorn tears and moonbeams. They’re THAT good. But in actuality, these toppers are rocking:
- Slivered almonds
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds/pepitas
- Hemp hearts
- Spices – dill, salt, parsley, smoked paprika, onion, and garlic powders
- Olive oil
How to Make Crunchy Salad Toppers
*A detailed and printable recipe can be found at the bottom of this post.
Combine all the ingredients except hemp hearts in a bowl and toss to coat evenly with the olive oil.
Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet and spread everything around, making sure to not crowd the ingredients. Space is key here! Bake and stir, then add the hemp hearts and bake some more.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- Every oven is different, so keep an eye on the process to make sure nothing burns.
- Feel free to double or triple the ingredients because this crunchy salad topper mix is sooooo good! You’ll find yourself using it super quickly.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to four weeks.
- Adding a package of organic ramen noodles would be an amazing addition to these crunchy salad toppers! Keep in mind, noodles would not be Whole30 compliant, and depending on the ingredients may or may not be gluten-free or paleo.
- A drizzle of chili oil or some roasted pepper flakes would bring some delicious heat.
More Recipes Like This
- How to Make Chimichurri
- Instant Pot Roasted Garlic
- Greek Yogurt Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Green Goddess Dressing Recipe
Making this recipe or others?
These healthy Crunchy Salad Toppers help you bring so much flavor to your favorite salad. Packed full of flavor, these salad toppers are Whole30 compliant.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Combine all the ingredients except the hemp hearts in a bowl and toss to coat evenly with the olive oil.
Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet and spread everything around, making sure to not crowd the ingredients. Space is key here! Bake for 10 minutes.
Toss the hemp hearts with a tiny drizzle of olive oil in the now empty bowl.
dd the hemp hearts, and bake another 5 minutes.
Every oven is different, so keep an eye on the process to make sure nothing burns.
Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to four weeks.
This post contains affiliate links and we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you if you click through and make a purchase. This allows me to continue to provide free content, and I only share products that I use and love myself.