Cooking frozen Crab Cakes in the Air Fryer is incredibly easy and fast. Baked, not fried, this easy air fryer appetizer is simple to make and cooks in only 7 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crab cakes are an incredible appetizer or entree, but sometimes making your own can take too long. Thankfully, frozen crab cakes are available at almost all grocery stores, and they cook so well in the air fryer. Crispy on the outside and flaky and tender on the inside.
Throw a few crab cakes on top of a cabbage chopped salad for a quick lunch or dinner. Or, go to town making an epic appetizer board with air fryer pickles, air fryer waffle fries, air fryer calzones, and air fryer potato skins.
Pro tips/Recipe Notes
- Do not thaw the crab cakes prior to cooking.
- Brush olive oil or use air fryer parchment in the basket to prevent the crab cakes from sticking.
- Do preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes. This will give you the crispiest crab cakes ever!
- You can reheat them. Cook for 2 minutes at 350F.
- To boost the flavor, check out our homemade seafood seasoning.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- See all our Air Fryer Appetizers here!
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Fish Tacos
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Mac and Cheese Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Fried Okra
- Air Fryer Chicken Quesadilla
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Frozen Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs
- Crispy Fried Onions
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Taquitos
Frozen Crab Cakes in the Air Fryer
- 24 frozen mini crab cakes
- Preheat air fryer to 370F for 2 minutes.
- Use air fryer parchment or brush a little olive oil on the basket of the air fryer.
- Place crab cakes in the basket without them touching. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to make 2 batches.
- Cook at 370F for 7 minutes for mini crab cakes or 9 minutes for entree-sized crab cakes.
- After cooking, allow crab cakes to rest in the basket for 1 minute before removing.