Instant Pot Brown Jasmine Rice
Make perfect Instant Pot Brown Jasmine Rice for a speedy side dish that the whole family will love! Made in a flash in a pressure cooker, this healthy rice is great for meal prep and pairs well with so many dishes. No pressure cooker? You’ll also find stovetop instructions in the recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Brown jasmine rice in the Instant Pot is the perfect recipe for anyone new to pressure cooking. You’ll get perfectly cooked healthy brown rice every time, and you’ll love that you don’t need to babysit a pot on the stove. Oh, and it is ready in half the time vs. stovetop.
Jasmine rice has a slightly nutty taste and you want it to still have a little “bite” in it. It’s perfect with dishes like Instant Pot Teriyaki Beef, Air Fryer Tofu, Instant Pot Beef Tips and Gravy, Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers, or Instant Pot Orange Chicken.
You can also use brown jasmine rice for our popular Instant Pot Basmati Rice, Instant Pot Sushi Rice, Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Rice, Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice, and Instant Pot Coconut Rice. Or check this post out if you need instructions for Instant Pot white jasmine rice.
PRO TIPS/RECIPE NOTES
- Cook time will remain the same no matter how much rice you make, but the time to pressure may increase.
- Each cup of uncooked rice will yield three cups of cooked rice.
- Do not use the cup markings on the inside of the Instant Pot to measure your dry rice or water. Use a dry ingredient cup for the rice and a liquid measuring cup for the water/broth.
- With a stainless steel Instant Pot insert, some rice will stick to the bottom and sides after cooking. Simply soak the insert in warm water for a bit and then clean as usual.
- I love using broth/stock in place of water. Check out these posts on How to Make Chicken Bone Broth, Turkey Bone Broth, and Where to Buy Bone Broth for inspiration.
- Make sure to turn the Instant Pot off once it has finished cooking. This will prevent the rice in the pot from scorching while you wait for the pot to depressurize.
- Double the batch and then freeze extras in Stasher bags. You can reheat the rice in the microwave or in a pot of hot water directly in the bags.
MORE GREAT INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Check out all my Instant Pot Side Dish recipes
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli
- Cold Start Instant Pot Yogurt
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Healthy Deviled Eggs
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Instant Pot Beets
- Instant Pot Iced Tea
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving has 0 points on the Purple Plan.
Instant Pot Brown Jasmine Rice
- Rinse uncooked rice in a fine-mesh strainer under cool water until the water runs clear.
- In the insert of the Instant Pot, add rice, water (or broth), and optional salt and olive oil. Stir.
- Lock the lid into place and set the steam release handle (valve on top) to “Sealing”.
- Press Manual>High Pressure>17 minutes. It will take ~6 minutes to get up to pressure.
- When the rice has finished cooking, the Instant Pot will beep and switch to ”keep warm". Press the keep warm/off button until the Instant Pot turns off.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes and then flip the switch to "venting" to remove any remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the lid and fluff the rice with a fork or rice scoop.