Make this Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice for a fast side dish that the whole family will love! Made in a flash in a pressure cooker, this copycat Chipotle rice is great for meal prep and pairs well with so many dishes.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bright and flavorful, this copycat Chipotle rice will be added to your “must keep” collection of recipes. It’s easy to personalize to your family’s tastes and it’s so good in tons of dishes.
For this recipe, I used Jasmine Rice. You can also use jasmine rice for our popular Perfect Instant Pot Jasmine Rice, Instant Pot Sushi Rice, Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Rice, Instant Pot Basmati Rice, Instant Pot Mexican Rice, Instant Pot Brown Jasmine Rice, and Instant Pot Coconut Rice.
This Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice is perfect with dishes like Air Fryer Fish Tacos, Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos, Air Fryer Mahi Mahi, Instant Pot Teriyaki Beef, Air Fryer Tofu, Sheet Pan Pork Fajitas, Pressure Cooker Chicken Tacos, or Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas. Or use it as the base for making your favorite burrito bowl in a homemade Baked Tortilla Bowl topped with Mango Pico de Gallo.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK Jasmine Rice in the Instant Pot?
Depending on how you like your rice, 4-6 minutes works best. If you like firmer rice, 4 minutes is perfect. Want something a little softer, then 6 minutes is your best bet. I find 5 minutes makes the perfect texture every single time.
A 10-minute natural release produces the best results, but I’ll be honest that most of the time I do a quick release and still love the rice. No matter how long you cook it, and how much rice you make, keep a 1:1 ratio of rice to liquid. For every 1 cup of rice you use, you’ll need 1 cup of broth or water.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- You can easily adjust the flavor to your preference. Love lime and cilantro? Feel free to add more to taste.
- Cook time will remain the same no matter how much rice you make.
- Make sure to turn the Instant Pot off once it has finished cooking. This will prevent the rice from scorching while you wait for the pot to depressurize.
MORE GREAT INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Check out all my Instant Pot Side Dish recipes
- Instant Pot Asparagus
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli
- Cold Start Instant Pot Yogurt
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Healthy Deviled Eggs
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Instant Pot Beets
- Instant Pot Iced Tea
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Rinse uncooked rice in a fine-mesh strainer under cool water until the water runs clear.
- In the insert of the Instant Pot, add rice, water (or broth), salt, olive oil, lime zest, and minced garlic. Stir.
- Lock the lid into place and set the steam release handle (valve on top) to “Sealing”.
- Press Manual>High Pressure>5 minutes. It will take 5-8 minutes to get up to pressure.
- When the rice has finished cooking, the Instant Pot will beep. Press the "keep warm/off" button to turn it to off.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes and then flip the switch to "venting" to remove any remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the lid, add the cilantro, and fluff the rice with a fork or rice scoop.
- If desired, add lime juice or more lime zest to taste.