Delicious, fruity, and patriotic, Whole 30 Creamy Berry Party Drinks that are the perfect sip for the 4th of July, BBQs, and parties. A tasty blend of berries and coconut milk create dairy-free and sugar-free goodness in a glass.
Stop. Stop what you are doing right now and go make this drink. MAKE IT NOW.
I came up with the prototype for this one night and asked my son Jack – Captain Picky Pants – to try it out. He said “holy smokes Mom, this is delicious. Can we have this every morning for breakfast”?
It is that good, and you need it in your life.
Errr, Sarah. Why Are These “Party Drinks” Non-Alcoholic?
We recently wrapped up our first round of Whole30 which led me to create lots of delicious and fun recipes that fit into the “Whole30, Paleo, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, Keto” categories. This is one of those recipes but if you don’t have any special dietary guidelines, you’re still going to LOVE this refreshing party drink!
Troy and I don’t drink for personal reasons, and often we’re left out of the fun drinks scene at parties and BBQs. We expect this, so it is more fun to have something to bring with us to enjoy.
And yes, of course, you can always add booze to these if that is your jam! See the recipe card for details.
What I’m trying to say is you have options.
What Makes These Party Drinks Awesome?
They’re crazy refreshing, make ahead, super tasty, and sustainable.
Yeah, sustainable. The sexiest of all drink topics I’m sure.
One of the ingredients in this drink is something that most people toss into the garbage. The humble pineapple core is woody, and almost no one saves it.
So guess what? We’re totally using it in these creamy fizzy berry bombs. That’s both tasty and sustainable AF.
The core may not be as delicious as the rest of the pineapple, but it still has a solid “pineappley” (<—- I declare that is a word) flavor. Why waste it when you can use it in such a delightful drink?
And did I mention you can make these ahead of time? Yeah, you can. Like a boss.
Whip everything up and freeze the night before a big event. Place them in an ice bucket near your sparkling water options and guests can serve themselves. Which makes you awesome. And smart.
By the way, your hair looks really great today.
What Ingredients Are In Whole 30 Creamy Berry Party Drinks?
- Coconut milk
- Pineapple core or fresh pineapple chunks
- sparkling water
- (optional) rum
What Kind of Coconut Milk Should I use?
The best kind of coconut milk is the kind you already have! I used canned coconut milk, but coconut milk in a carton would be great too. I would avoid coconut cream or this creamy party drink is going to turn into a watery milkshake.
I Have Issues With Coconut Milk! What Can I Use Instead?
Feel free to use your favorite milk. Something rich and creamy is preferred so whole/2%/or cashew milk would be awesome. Basically, you can’t screw this up so rock on with your bad self and make it your own.
Should I Use Flavored Sparkling Water?
I use plain sparkling water I make in our Soda Stream but use whatever you love and have on hand. Flavored sparkling water is so readily available now and comes in many delicious flavors. You could always set out a choice of flavors and let your guests pick their poison.
Here’s How to Make it:
Combine coconut milk and pineapple in a blender.
Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin and arrange berries in each liner. Pour coconut milk mixture over the berries. Freeze for 30 minutes.
Remove from freezer and add more berries to the top of the coconut milk, lightly pressing them down into the milk with your finger.
Freeze until solid.
Remove from your drink mold and store in a freezer-proof bag.
To make: fill your glass 3/4 full of sparkling water and then add your creamy berry ice cube.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes:
- If you use full-fat coconut milk there will be some coconut solids in the can. Go ahead and add that to the blender.
- When you add more berries to the top of the milk mixture, stick to blueberries and strawberries. The raspberries are too delicate and may “mush” when you press them down.
- The cupcake liners may stick to the muffin tin when you remove it from the freezer. Allow it to sit at room temperature for five minutes and they should pop out just fine!
- You can also use silicone molds instead of a muffin tin.
MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS
- Homemade Sugar-Free Coffee Creamer
- Virgin Mojito Recipe
- Homemade Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Coconut Coffee Creamer
- Healthy Sweet Tea Recipe
Creamy Berry Party Drinks (Whole30)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1.5 cups pineapple core chunks (or sliced pineapple)
- 1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- plain sparkling water
- 2 oz light rum optional
- In a blender, combine coconut milk and pineapple. Blend until smooth.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and add a few berries to each liner. Pour coconut milk mixture over the top. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and add more berries to the top of the coconut milk, lightly pressing them down into the milk with your finger.
- Once frozen, pop out the mocktail mixture from the ice cube or muffin tray. Fill glass about 75% full with plain sparkling water and then add the ice cube. If you do it in reverse, the sparkling water will likely foam and could potentially cause a spill over.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post was originally posted in July 2017. It has been retested and updated with reader feedback. New photos have been added and the recipe has been made printable.