Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs
These Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs are easy to make and taste incredible! You’ll love these pretzel hot dogs for a fast dinner, afterschool snack, or game day treat. No air fryer? Don’t worry because I have included oven-baking instructions too!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pretzel dogs are the ultimate comfort food that will be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Though to be honest, if there is only one left on the tray, I’m totally elbowing my kids to get to the last one.
These make such a fun dinner or snack and they freeze like a dream. Want to make mealtime simple for everyone? Of course, you do, so make a batch of air fryer pretzel dogs today!
This recipe uses the dough base from our super-popular Air Fryer Pretzel Bites. If you have any leftover bits of dough, consider making a batch of the bites or Cinnamon Apple Bites if you’re craving something sweet.
Pretzel Dog Ingredients
- Hot dogs! Use your favorite, including veggie dogs.
- Pretzel dough – flour, salt, a pinch of sugar, quick-rise yeast
- Melted butter for the top, but if you’re dairy-free, vegan butter or olive oil will work too.
- Topping suggestions – sesame seeds, pretzel salt, Everything But the Bagel seasoning
What to Serve With Them
To balance everything out, I like to serve these with a big plate of veggies. They’re great with Garlic Butter Green Beans, Air Fryer Asparagus, Blistered Shishito Peppers, Cucumber and Onion Salad, or Roasted Frozen Broccoli.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- These can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance. Place a piece of parchment or waxed paper between layers if stacking dogs in a container for fridge storage.
- To freeze, place uncooked pretzel dogs on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for three hours. Transfer to freezer-storage and freeze for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen at the normal cooking temp and time.
- You can do a baking soda bath to create a deeper brown pretzel texture on the dough. Gently place the wrapped dogs in 4 cups of boiling water mixed with 1/3 cup of baking soda prior to cooking in the air fryer.
- There is no need to flip halfway through cooking unless you desire.
More Air Fryer Snacks You’ll Love
- See all our Air Fryer Appetizers here!
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- The Best Air Fryer Okra
- Air Fryer Biscuits
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Quesadilla
- Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
- The Easiest Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Fried Artichoke Hearts
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Air Fryer Potstickers
- Toasting Bagels in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs
- In a medium mixing bowl combine water and yeast. Stir.
- Add the flour, sugar, and sea salt and stir until it is mostly combined.
- Lightly flour your hands and knead the dough by hand for 1 minute, bringing it into a ball. Divide the dough into eighths.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into ropes about 14-20 inches long depending on the size of the hot dog.
- Starting at one of the end hot dog, wrap the dough around the entire length, rolling as you go. Gently pinch the dough at each end so they’ll stay together.
- Brush the basket of the air fryer with olive oil. Place pretzel dogs into the basket, giving them enough room to expand slightly.
- Cook for 7 minutes at 390 degrees F, or until lightly browned on top. Brush melted butter on top of hot pretzel bites and sprinkle with pretzel salt and/or sesame seeds.