Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Make amazing Air Fryer Zucchini Chips for your family with this simple recipe! A crunchy coating of panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese make these healthier fried zucchini chips poppable and irresistible. No air fryer? You’ll also find alternative cooking methods in the post.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re like me, you get excited when you see fried zucchini on a restaurant menu. As much as I love deep-fried vegetables, I prefer to make a healthier version at home.
These zucchini chips in the air fryer are so good, packed with flavor, and are a simple and delicious snack you’re going to love.
How to Make Healthy Zucchini Chips
I’ll walk you through it here in photos, but you’ll find a detailed and printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
What to Serve With Air Fried Zucchini Chips
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes:
- Thinner slices of zucchini work the best for overall consistent frying.
- You can dredge the chips in a bit of all-purpose flour before the egg mixture if you want a thicker breading.
- The extra step of pressing the moisture out of the zucchini chips between two towels really improves the “stickability” of the panko. It’s not necessary but if you have the time, it improves the overall texture.
- You CAN make these ahead of time! Cook completely and then let sit at room temperature for up to a few hours. Simply pop the tray back in the air fryer for 3 minutes to crisp back up.
MORE RECIPES LIKE This
- See all our Air Fryer Appetizers here!
- The Best Air Fryer Fried Okra
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Tortilla Pizzas
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Crispy Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Pretzel Rolls
- Air Fryer Potstickers
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Spicy Green Beans
- Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs
- Mac and Cheese Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Asparagus
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving has 2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Slice the ends off of the zucchini, and then cut into rounds. Place on a plate lined with a clean towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Lay another towel on top and then a heavy pot or pan on top. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes to draw extra moisture out.
- Mix panko, parmesan, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
- Set up a little assembly line - bowl with egg, then panko mix, and plate. Throw a few rounds in the egg bowl with your left hand. Remove with your left hand and drop in the panko mix. Toss to coat with your right hand and place on a clean plate.
- Spray the zucchini liberally with olive oil, and allow them to sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Spray or brush the basket of the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Place zucchini chips in a single layer in the basket.
- Bake at 350 F for 6 minutes.