Crispy, crunchy, and so poppable, these Air Fryer Pickles will be a huge hit! Perfect as a quick appetizer or a healthy game-day snack, fried pickles in the air fryer are sure to become a crowd favorite.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You’re going to LOVE these air fryer pickles! They’re so crunchy, packed with flavor, and are such a fun appetizer. They have a great homestyle flavor but without all the oil.
No air fryer? Check out the recipe notes for baking instructions. Let’s do this!
Ingredients For Air Fried Pickles
This recipe is rocking:
- Pickles! (Surprised?) I used premade dill pickle chips
- Breading squad: all-purpose flour, panko, regular bread crumbs, baking powder, and cornmeal
- Seasonings: Tony Chachere’s (get the low-sodium!) and dried dill
- Egg and olive oil (via my Misto)
Use leftover Tony’s for making Air Fryer Green Tomatoes.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- After spraying the olive oil on the breading, allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes. This will allow the panko to soak up the oil, creating the crunchiest coating.
- You can use pickle spears, sandwich slices, or cut your own whole pickles. I prefer chips because I think the crinkle-cut helps hold the batter better.
- You can use buttermilk in place of the egg.
- To make these air fryer fried pickles gluten-free or low carb, replace all the flour/bread crumbs with almond flour.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- See all our Air Fryer Appetizers here!
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Cheese Curds
- Loaded Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- The Best Air Fryer Fried Okra
- Air Fryer Potstickers
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Vegetarian Lentil Nachos
- Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Mac and Cheese Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Fries
- Crispy Fried Onions
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
Air Fryer Pickles
- Drain the pickle chips and blot well with a clean kitchen cloth or paper towel.1.5 cups pickle chips
- In one bowl combine cornmeal, panko, Tony's, dill, and breadcrumbs, a beaten egg in another, and flour mixed with baking powder in another. Set up an empty plate.1 egg, 3 tbsp panko, 3 tbsp bread crumbs, 3 tbsp all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp cornmeal, 2 tsp Tony's Chachere's, 1/4 tsp dill, 1/2 tsp baking powder
- It's easiest to work in batches of 2-3. With your left hand, dredge three pickles through the flour and shake the excess off.
- With your left hand, drop them into the egg mixture, stirring to coat.
- Use your right hand and drop them into the breadcrumb bowl. Place your breaded pickles onto a plate.
- Once you've finished breading all of them, spray the pickles with olive oil spray while they're still on the plate. Really coat them well and then let them sit 2-3 minutes.2 tsp olive oil
- Brush the basket of the air fryer with olive oil or use a piece of air fryer parchment, and gently place the pickles in the basket. Don't overcrowd.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 390F degrees. Flip (easiest to use the tines of a fork). Spray the tops with additional olive oil spray if they need it.
- Cook for an additional 3 minutes and then serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Oven Baking Instructions
- Follow steps 1-5 above.
- Place parchment on a rimmed baking sheet, and place a baking rack on the sheet. Spray the rack liberally with olive oil.
- Place the pickles on the baking rack and spray them liberally with olive oil.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.