Cinnamon Pretzel Bites With Apple Syrup
This post is sponsored by North Coast Organic through Kitchen PLAY. All opinions are my own.
Whip up a batch of Cinnamon Pretzel Bites for a quick and fun treat! An incredible homemade low-sugar apple syrup is the perfect dip to go with these delicious bites.
My kids never get juice. I refuse to buy it because the sugar content is usually bonkers high and my children have enough natural energy, thankyouverymuch. So, when I brought home a bottle of North Coast Organic Kid Juice drink, the boys were stoked!
They were excited to drink it. And I was excited to cook with it! And thus, these Cinnamon Pretzel Bites were born.
This is the kind of homemade snack that both kids and adults will love. Pair them with a quick DIY apple syrup, and suddenly you’re the most popular person in your house.
North Coast’s juices are made without added sugars or preservatives. The juice is always fresh-pressed on-site, and is never from concentrate. The pure apple taste really comes through in this recipe and you can feel great about making it for your family.
The boys sampled the juice while I was cooking and loved it. And I can feel good about the fact that it is lower in sugar and has clean organic ingredients with apples grown in the US. While you can taste the filler and sugar in other juices, North Coast is just pure, fresh and clean.
And while homemade snacks like these cinnamon pretzel bites are great, from time to time we all need to rely on grab and go snacks. North Coast Organic also makes fruit + veggie pouches that are SO good, the boys think they’re pulling one over on me with a sneaky treat. Suckers.
Made with non-GMO products, these pouches are the perfect blend of fruit and veggies and have no added sugar. They especially shine if you have kids who are picky with eating vegetables (like mine!). The “hidden” veggies in each pouch taste incredible paired with organic fruits.
North Coast Organic has partnered with TerraCycle to help all their customers recycle the pouches, making these the no-brainer choice when you need a healthy packaged snack.
More Healthy Apple Recipes You’ll Love
- Healthy Cinnamon Apples
- Easy Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- Low-Sugar Apple Pie Filling
- Healthy Apple Nachos
- Canning Applesauce
- Healthy Apple Pie Pancakes
Cinnamon Pretzel Bites With Apple Syrup
- 3/4 cup North Coast Organic no-sugar added apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cornstarch
Make the Dough
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Position an oven rack in the middle position.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or a silpat. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the warmed apple juice and yeast. Stir.
- Add the flour, sugar, and sea salt and stir until it is mostly combined.
- Lightly flour your hands and knead the dough by hand for 1 minute, bringing it into a ball. Divide the dough into eighths.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into ropes.
- With a floured knife, slice the dough into 1-inch pieces.
- Place pretzel bites onto the baking sheet, giving them enough room to expand.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 12 minutes.
Make the Apple Syrup
- Add the low-sugar apple juice, cinnamon stick, and cornstarch to a medium saucepan, and cook over medium-high heat until it reaches a rolling boil.
- Reduce the heat just enough to keep it at a low boil without boiling OVER the pan, and cook, stirring occasionally for two minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and set the pan aside to cool.
Coat the Pretzels
- While the pretzels are baking, combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe medium sized bowl.
- Working 4-6 bites at a time, drop bites into the butter, and swirl to coat.
- Remove from the butter with a slotted spoon, shaking off any excess.
- Drop bites into the cinnamon sugar and spoon cinnamon mixture over pretzels. Move to a clean plate.
- Allow the pretzels to cool for 5 minutes, and then serve with apple syrup.