These easy Apple Pie Egg Rolls are a naturally sweetened air fryer dessert (or even breakfast)! Baked, not fried, this dessert recipe is simple to make and cooks in only 8 minutes. No air fryer? You’ll find oven-baking and skillet instructions in the recipe card.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Apple pie egg rolls…are they a dessert or breakfast? They can be BOTH my friends! Naturally sweetened, and loved by kids and adults alike, these are the snack/breakfast/dessert we’ve all deserve.
Apple Pie EGG ROLL INGREDIENTS
- Apples – something sweet and firm like fuji (we’re using leftover Healthy Cinnamon Apples)
- Egg roll wrappers
- Olive oil or melted coconut oil– use a pastry brush or a Misto
- (Optional dipping sauce): Plain Greek Yogurt, vanilla extract, dash of cinnamon, and brown sugar (related: How to Make Brown Sugar)
And while I use the air fryer (this is the model we have), I’ve included skillet and oven baking instructions as well. If you have leftover wrappers, whip up some of these other egg roll recipes: Air Fryer Pizza Rolls, Air Fryer Egg Rolls, Mac and Cheese Egg Rolls, Bacon and Egg Rolls.
WHERE TO BUY EGG ROLL WRAPPERS
In most grocery stores, you’ll find egg roll wrappers in the produce section near bottled salad dressings and sauces. They’re super affordable at $2-3 for 20. If you have access to a great Asian market, you’ll find a much wider variety there.
HOW DO YOU WRAP AN EGG ROLL?
I’m so glad you asked! I came up with this handy little step by step photo guide for you.
- Set up a “wrapping” station with your cinnamon apples, a plate, a small dish of water, and a pastry brush.
- Place the wrapper on a plate or cutting board. You’ll want it shaped like a diamond, with the bottom pointing toward you. Place 2 tbsp of the cooked apples in the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Roll up the bottom point of the diamond so that it goes up and over the apples, but only goes to the center of the wrapper.
- Fold in the left side of the wrapper to cover the center.
- Fold in the right side of the wrapper to cover the left fold. It will look like you’re making a delicious envelope at this point.
- Starting from the bottom, roll the egg roll up until just the top point of the wrapper is still exposed.
- Brush some water on the top point of the egg roll, and fold down. You may need to brush a bit more water over the edges to “seal” the egg roll closed.
- Repeat until you have 4-5 egg rolls made. You can make more while the first batch is cooking.
Apple Pie Egg Rolls PRO TIPS/RECIPE NOTES
- I prefer to brush olive oil over the egg rolls rather than spray them. I find the wrappers bubble up more when sprayed.
- You can make these ahead of time (yay)! Keep unbaked egg rolls covered in the fridge for up to a day, or freeze on a parchment-lined baking sheet and then transfer to freezer storage (I used these silicone Stasher bags). Brush frozen egg rolls with olive oil and then bake for the normal amount of time.
- Feel free to dip these in caramel sauce or sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
MORE DELICIOUS Sweets & Treats YOU’LL LOVE
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
- How to Freeze Apples
- Cinnamon Pretzel Bites With Apple Syrup
- Paleo Muesli
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Nordy Bars
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Pretzel Bark
- Healthy Apple Nachos
- Cinnamon Apple Donuts
Easy Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- Peel the apples, and dice in bite-sized pieces. In a pot fitted with a metal steamer basket, add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.2 cups apples
- Cover the pan and steam the apples on medium-high until the apples are able to be pierced easily with a knife (about 4-5 minutes). Drain, place in a small bowl, and toss with the cinnamon.1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Assemble the rolls (see the detailed instructions in the post). Brush olive oil over the top of the egg rolls.20 egg roll wrappers, 2 tsp olive oil
- Brush olive oil on the basket of the air fryer. Place the egg rolls in the basket, seam side down, without letting them touch each other.
- Bake at 360 degrees F for 6 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Stir well.1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Then add enough olive, coconut, or avocado oil to cover the bottom of the skillet. Place the egg rolls "seam side" down in the oil.
- Cook it until that side is crispy and brown, and then flip. When finished cooking, place them on a plate lined with newspaper or paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
- Place a baking rack on a foil-lined baking sheet. Liberally spray the rack with olive oil.
- Put the egg rolls seam side down on the baking rack and brush olive oil over the top.
- Bake at 325 F for 12 minutes, and flip. Bake for an additional 8-12 minutes or until the egg rolls are nice and crispy without being burned.