Instant Pot Iced Tea and Tea Concentrate
You’ll love this smooth Instant Pot Iced Tea for a quick and healthy refreshing drink. You can also make tea concentrate to get that same great flavor while saving space in your fridge.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s so smooth, rich, and strong while still being mellow. Your tastebuds are about to be rocked in the best possible way.
If you are new to owning an Instant Pot, check out these Easy Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners. Not only will you get more inspiration for other delicious recipes, but I have a handy guide for getting started with your Instant Pot as well as a glossary of common Instant Pot terms.
How Many Small Tea Bags Are In a Family-Sized Tea Bag?
Each individual tea bag makes 1 cup (8 oz) of tea. A family-sized tea bag is equivalent to four tea bags and will make 1 quart (4 cups or 32 oz) of tea. I used two family-sized tea bags for this recipe and 8 cups of water.
How to Make Tea Concentrate
Making iced tea concentrate is a great way to save space in your fridge. To create a tea concentrate, reduce the water in this recipe to only 4 cups, but use the same number of teabags.
When you’re ready to enjoy your iced tea, fill your glass 50-60% full of the tea concentrate, and add water or ice to top off the glass.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- If you’re using individual tea bags, you’d use 7-8 depending on how strong you like your tea.
- The baking soda is optional but a favorite trick for creating a smooth and mellow drink with a very deep tea flavor.
- Reader feedback has consistently shown that Red Rose tea bags have a greater chance of bursting in the Instant Pot.
- Consider getting color-coded sealing rings for your pressure cooker to keep the odors of last night’s Instant Pot French Onion Soup from flavoring your iced tea.
- No pressure cooker? Check out my post on Healthy Sweet Tea for both stovetop and sun tea instructions.
More Delicious Drink Recipes You’ll Love
- Mojito Mocktail
- Rose Lemonade
- Instant Pot Hot Chocolate
- Ginger Beer Mocktail
- Blended Iced Coffee
- 11 Mocktails For Kids
- Chocolate Coconut Coffee Creamer
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving has 0 WW Freestyle SmartPoints with no added sweeteners.
Easy Instant Pot Iced Tea and Tea Concentrate
- 2 family-sized tea bags (or 7 individual tea bags)
- 8 cups water
- 1/8 tsp baking soda (optional)
- sweetener of choice (optional)
- Add 8 cups of water to the insert of the Instant Pot.
- Drop in the tea bags with any tags removed. If you'd like to add any non-liquid sweetener, add it now.
- Lock the lid into place, flip the steam release handle to "sealing". Press manual>high pressure>and use the up/down buttons to set the time to 4 minutes.
- After it has finished processing, allow it to sit with the lid on for 10 minutes and then do a manual release with the nozzle set to venting.
- Stir in baking soda (optional. See notes).
- Store in the fridge in a pitcher and enjoy within one week.
How to Make Tea Concentrate
- Reduce the water in this recipe to only 4 cups, but use the same number of tea bags.
- When you're ready to enjoy your iced tea, fill your glass 50-60% full and add water or ice to top off the glass.