Learn how easy it is to make your own Honey Simple Syrup for mocktails, cocktails, iced tea, and lemonade. You’ll love the amazing flavor of honey syrup in your drinks.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When your drinks need a little flavor punch, the delicious flavor of honey simple syrup really delivers. Naturally sweetened without refined sugar, this syrup is also super simple to make.
How Long Does Honey Syrup Last?
Even with the amazing longevity of honey, this simple syrup will not last forever. Store it in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to four weeks.
- Add 1/4 cup of mint leaves for an easy way to make mojitos.
- Throw in three sprigs of rosemary for making a rosemary gimlet.
- Want something spicy? Slice, deseed, and chop a jalapeno and add it during the cooking process. Just make sure you strain the finished product before storing it.
- Want to add ginger? Check out our Honey Ginger Syrup.
How to Choose the Right Honey
Different types of honey have different flavor profiles. If you buy local raw honey it could be from bees that feasted on raspberry, blackberry, buckwheat, or clover flowers.
For this honey syrup, I recommend a mellow-tasting honey, like raspberry or blackberry to avoid overpowering your finished product.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes:
- I prefer to cook the water and honey on low heat because I use raw honey. Heating raw honey at too high of a temperature can kill the awesome beneficial properties, so go low and slow!
- Want to make your syrup a bit sweeter? Just adjust the ratios so it is 1:1 for honey and water.
- Honey is an ingredient that many vegans do not consume. If making this for a party or event, consider your guests and their dietary preferences.
Honey Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- Place honey and water in a pan and cook on low until honey is dissolved.1 cup water, 1/2 cup honey
- Allow to fully cool and place in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.