This Healthy Green Pea Salad couldn’t be any easier! It’s a simple make-ahead vegetable dish that is packed with flavor and uses frozen peas and Greek yogurt.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I assume you love make-ahead dishes that taste amazing, come together in minutes, and will cause people to hunt you down at parties to ask “what is in that amazing pea salad?”? If so, this recipe is for you!
This dish is eaten cold, so there is no need to heat before serving. That makes it perfect for the summer and for all your party needs. Need more make-ahead sides and appetizers? Check out my Nana’s Cucumber and Onion Salad, Instant Pot Quinoa Salad, Instant Pot Cowboy Beans, and Instant Pot Potato Salad.
What Peas Work Best For Pea Salad?
I use frozen peas (related: How to Freeze Peas) because it is so dang easy. Additionally, frozen peas are picked and flash-frozen at their peak of freshness. This makes them an affordable and healthy choice all year long.
You’re welcome to use fresh or canned peas (related: How to Can Peas), but make sure all the liquid is drained from the canned peas first. Please note, the salad with not be as crispy and crunchy if using canned.
- I used Instant Pot Cold Start Yogurt but if you’re a mayo fan, try this homemade Whole30 Mayo.
- Make this dish the day before you want to serve it. It gives the flavors a chance to meld together, and um, it makes your life easier.
- Store in the fridge for up to four days. After that, the whey from the Greek yogurt will start to water down the salad. If you like mayo, using mayo in the salad will allow it to be stored for six days without compromising the flavor.
- Need to make smoked almonds: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 tsp olive oil or ghee, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp smoked paprika, and 1 cup of almonds. Stir and toast for 8-10 minutes. Allow to fully cool before pulsing.
More Easy Side Dishes You’ll Love:
- Healthy Deviled Eggs
- Greek Yogurt Egg Salad
- Chicken Salad With Dill
- Fried Cabbage With Bacon
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Kale Chopped Salad
- Air Fryer Pretzel Bites
- Cold Soba Noodle Salad
Healthy Green Pea Salad WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving has 3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Healthy Green Pea Salad
- In a food processor, pulse almonds until the pieces are small. Add to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- In a food processor, pulse the water chestnuts until the pieces are small and uniform. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Add peas, green onions, cumin, and Greek yogurt to the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly, cover, and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.