This delicious Whole30 Bruschetta Chicken recipe in the Instant Pot or crockpot is an easy weeknight recipe that the whole family will love. A healthy chicken dinner with balsamic and tomatoes that is dairy-free, Whole30 compliant, paleo and Keto-friendly.
Bruschetta lovers fall into two categories. Those who want the most subtle hint of garlic possible…and those who want to repel all vampires within 400 square miles.
It doesn’t matter which side of the debate you are on because this bruschetta chicken recipe is easily adapted to anyone’s preferences. But seriously, who likes vampires?
What Ingredients are in Whole30 Bruschetta Chicken?
All good things! My recipe calls for 100% real food ingredients that almost anyone likely has in their cupboard right now. Chicken breasts, balsamic vinegar, diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, and oregano all come together to create an amazingly healthy and delicious recipe.
I specifically used canned diced tomatoes in this recipe so that it could be enjoyed all year long. Want fresh tomatoes? Go for it! But as a tomato gardening fiend, I keep my fresh tomato consumption restricted to summertime.
Where Do You Get Affordable Organic Free-Range Chicken?
We love to buy meet from our local butcher, but we supplement from Butcher Box. They source only organic and free-range meat for their customers and ships them to your home once a month. Even with our local source, we still look forward to our monthly Butcher Box delivery.
Is Bruschetta Chicken Whole30 Compliant? Paleo?
You bet your sweet bippy it is! Make sure your balsamic vinegar doesn’t have sulfites, added sugar, or caramel coloring to follow Whole30 guidelines. Newman’s Own Organic balsamic was the most affordable option at my local grocery store.
If using diced canned tomatoes, avoid brands with added sugar. If you’re really ambitious, try your hand at canning your own diced tomatoes.
Doing a Whole30 round and need help getting started off on the right foot? Get my free printable Whole30 Meal Plan, Trader Joe’s Whole30 Shopping List, and Whole30 Costco Shopping List. I have done all the work for you with checking ingredients and figuring out safe foods.
What To Serve With Bruschetta Chicken?
Mmmm, the possibilities are endless, aren’t they? Serve it over homemade zucchini noodles or pair it with cauliflower rice. Heck it would be great snuggled up in a bowl with some roasted frozen broccoli!
Can I Make Whole30 Bruschetta Chicken in a Crockpot or the Oven?
You sure can! The Instant Pot will make this a lickety-split kind of dinner but it can also be made in the slow cooker or your oven. Details for all three cooking methods are located in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. You got this!
- Need to make more or less of the recipe? Click and slide the “servings” number on the recipe card and the ingredients will adjust as needed. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
- To make this an even easier weeknight meal, cut the chicken and make the tomato sauce ahead of time (like during your weekly meal prep).
- If you’re not doing a Whole30 round, once you remove the chicken from the Instant Pot you can top with shredded mozzarella or bread crumbs if desired. Place on a baking sheet and pop it under the broiler for 1-3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. Watch it closely or it will burn!
Other Easy Whole30 Weeknight Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Beef
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Greek Turkey Meatballs
- Sesame Sheet Pan Pork Fajitas
- Green Beans in Tomato Sauce
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Tacos
- One Pan Teriyaki Chicken Dinner
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving has 2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Whole30 Bruschetta Chicken
Instant Pot Instructions
- Combine all ingredients for the tomato sauce in a bowl. Set aside.1 can diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1 tsp oregano, 4 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp basil
- Add a bit of the tomato mixture to cover the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and add the chicken to the pot and top with half of the remaining tomato mixture.2 lbs chicken breast, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Secure lid and flip the vent to "sealing". Press manual>high>5 minutes.
- When the pot has finished cooking, allow a natural release for 15 minutes and then do a quick release to remove any remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken and serve over zoodles. Top with the remaining tomato sauce and garnish with fresh basil.
Slow cooker Instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, reserving about 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce and fresh basil.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat an oven-proof skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and place 4-5 chicken tenders in the bowl and allow to sear for 30 seconds.
- Flip and sear for another 30 seconds. Transfer to plate and repeat with the remaining chicken. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Add chicken back to the pan and cover with the tomato sauce (reserving 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer shows 160 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken. Loosely tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce and fresh basil.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.