These healthy Green Beans in Tomato Sauce are outrageously tasty and made in just 10 minutes! This one-pot wonder is a speedy vegan/vegetarian, paleo, Whole30 compliant, or gluten-free dinner.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Raise your hand if you’d like a 10-minute one-pan dish that is delicious, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan/vegetarian. Oh, my, that is a lot of hands! Don’t worry, there is enough of these green beans in tomato sauce for everyone!
This quick dinner is a meal prep dream. Can you rinse and trim green beans? Congrats, you just got dinner ready!
What’s in this dish?
- Green beans!
- Tomato sauce/marinara (related: Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce)
- Olive oil
To make this a faster dish (if that is even possible), prep your garlic ahead of time (related: How to Freeze Garlic the Easy Way), and prep and dry your green beans.
As written, these green beans in tomato sauce are not a significant source of protein. I prefer to make this as a main dish, so sometimes I pair it with Air Fryer Tofu, or browned Whole30 Breakfast Sausage.
If you were to add some diced potatoes, it would be a version of a Greek dish called Fasolakia. You can add frozen potatoes into the sauce as long as they are already mostly cooked. Related: How to Freeze Potatoes
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- Yes, you can use frozen green beans! Related: How to Freeze Green Beans
- As written, the recipe gives you al dente green beans. If you prefer green beans that are softer, increase the water by 2 tbsp and cook until they have reached your desired texture. Check after the initial 9 minutes to see if additional water needs to be added.
- If you don’t have a lid for your skillet, you can place a baking sheet over the skillet while the green beans are cooking.
More Fast Dinners You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Tortellini
- Kale Chopped Salad
- Easy Ravioli Lasagna
- Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs
- Instant Pot Ravioli
- Cold Soba Noodle Salad
- Lentil Nachos
- Paleo Salmon Cakes
- Whole30 Bruschetta Chicken
- Fried Gnocchi and Veggies
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving has 1 WW Freestyle SmartPoints if using homemade marinara, or 4 points if using storebought sauce.
Green Beans in Tomato Sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add water, tomato sauce, and green beans. Stir.
- Place a lid or baking sheet over the skillet and cook for 9 minutes (al dente) or until the green beans have reached your desired texture.
- Top with shaved or grated Parmesan.
This post contains affiliate links and we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you if you click through and make a purchase.