Learn how to make the best homemade Garlic Hummus Recipe ever! An easy and healthy vegan and gluten-free snack, garlic hummus is so addicting!
Have you ever opened a $6 tub of grocery store hummus, and thought “I could make this”? Homemade hummus shouldn’t be a chore, people!
Friends, I’m here today with a simple recipe for the tastiest darn homemade hummus you can make yourself.
If you love spicy flavors and hummus, you should check out this Buffalo Hummus recipe.
If you found yourself saying “what is sumac” when looking at the ingredients list, you’re not alone. I said that the first time someone recommended this spice to me for hummus.
It’s available at well-appointed grocery stores or on Amazon. If you can’t find it, dial up the smoked paprika a bit, and put a teeny pinch of cayenne pepper in instead of the sumac.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes:
- Homemade garlic hummus can be stored in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for 4-5 months.
- Tahini can usually be found near the peanut butter in the grocery store. Use extras to make this Lemon Tahini Salad dressing.
- You can leave out the tahini if you’d like but it will change the texture and taste of the finished product.
- If raw garlic is a bit much for you, roasted garlic might be right up your alley. Check out my Air Fryer Roasted Garlic and Instant Pot Roasted Garlic for various techniques.
- Instead of canned garbanzo beans, try making chickpeas in the Instant Pot.
- The recipe below is mine, but it was inspired by The Homemade Pantry.
More Tasty Recipes Like This
- Check out all these Pantry Staples You Can Make Yourself
- Cilantro Chimichurri
- Jalapeño Cheeseball
- Healthy Deviled Eggs
- Whole30 Mayo
- Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Pub Cheese
- Healthy Ranch Dressing
Addicting Garlic Hummus WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving has 1 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Addicting Garlic Hummus Recipe
- In a blender or food processor, blend the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt on high for 1-2 minutes. Add a bit of the reserved liquid from the beans if needed.
- Add the chickpeas and blend on high, stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- Once the hummus is super smooth, stop the machine and add the smoked paprika and sumac. Pulse a few times.
- Optional: garnish with sesame seeds, a pinch of smoked paprika, parsley, and additional olive oil.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.