These Air Fryer Carrots are an easy and delicious side dish that is ready in a flash! Perfectly roasted in the air fryer, these simple air-fried carrots are Whole30, paleo, and vegan/vegetarian.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you’re looking for a fast, delicious, and healthy side dish, you’re going to want to whip up a batch of these air fryer carrots. They’re roasted to perfection and are so easy to prep ahead of time.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH Carrots in the Air Fryer
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- Want to take them to the next level? Try adding some air fryer roasted garlic to your finished dish. And if you’re a sauce fan, you’ll never regret topping them with some cilantro chimichurri.
- To make these ahead of time you can combine the carrots, olive oil, and spices and store them covered in the fridge for up to four days before roasting.
- Roasting time will depend on how large your carrots are. Baby carrots may only take 10-15 minutes total, chunks of carrots (like I made) are ready in 15, whereas whole carrots can take up to 25-30 minutes. Carrots are ready when the tip of a knife easily pierces through.
- If your air fryer has multiple settings like air fry, bake, etc., use the air fry setting.
- Looking for a sweeter version of this recipe? Check out these Honey Roasted Carrots in the air fryer.
MORE DELICIOUS AIR FRYER VEGETABLE RECIPES
- Crispy Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Cabbage
- Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- Air Fryer Roasted Beets
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Fried Artichoke Hearts
- Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Blistered Shishito Peppers
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Check out all my Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving of air-fried carrots has 1 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Air Fryer Carrots
- Preheat air fryer at 400 F for 2 minutes.
- Depending on the size of the carrots, cut each one in halves, quarters or chunks. You may also leave the carrots whole but it will increase cooking time.
- Add carrots to a medium-sized bowl and drizzle with olive oil, parsley, thyme, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir to coat.
- Brush olive oil on the air fryer basket. Add carrots and spread around to distribute.
- Cook at 380 F for 13-15 minutes, shaking at 8 minutes. Each air fryer will be slightly different, so make sure you check on their progress at 8 minutes.
- Larger carrots may need more cook time. Cook until carrots are easily pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Sprinkle with salt prior to serving.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a cast-iron skillet on the bottom rack of the oven. Add carrots to a medium-sized bowl and drizzle with olive oil, parsley, thyme, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir to coat and add to the skillet. Lightly tent with foil. Roast for 25 minutes, or until you can easily pierce carrots with the tip of a knife. Sprinkle with salt and serve.