Instant Pot Vegetable Soup With Noodles
Want an easy and healthy dinner that is ready in 12 minutes? This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup With Noodles packs in tons of veggies and flavor into every bite. This recipe is easily adaptable to be vegetarian.
Years ago, we spent New Year’s Eve with my in-laws at their beach cottage in Ocean Shores, Washington. Jack was tiny at the time, we walked the beach a bit, and generally went to bed early. We’re party animals like that.
The weather was typical Pacific Northwest winter; rainy, cold, grey, and generally just “meh”. I offered to cook dinner, and knowing we were all chilled, I settled on some soup. It was a boring soup…or so I thought. My in-laws scarfed down a few bowls and then proceeded to name it A.S.S., or Awesome Sarah’s Soup. I was so proud. I’m pretty sure it was my first dirty word acronym.
But not my last.
It is now a tradition that any time they go to their house at the ocean, my mother-in-law makes a big pot full of Vegetable Soup With Mini Cheese Ravioli. All new neighbors and friends they meet are invited over for a “big bowl of ASS”. It seems to be a test of all new friendships if the guests laugh or become offended.
One year when I made it again, I served Cheesy Garlic Bread – AKA Crack Bread simply because it was fun to tell the family we were having ASS Crack for dinner. Listen, I don’t apologize for my middle school boy humor. It is who I am and I have accepted that. If it isn’t your jam, oh well. But this Vegetable Soup With Mini Cheese Ravioli will be your jam. Believe.
Where Do You Get Organic Sausage?
I’m blessed that we have a local butcher for buying organic meat, but we also have a monthly Butcher Box subscription. Butcher Box sources only organic and free-range meat for their customers and ships them to your home once a month.
The meat is super high-quality and we’ve always had an amazing selection sent each month. In addition to what they pick for you, you’re able to add specific cuts and types of meat to your box. And yes, they have Whole30 compliant bacon!
Even with our local source, we still look forward to our monthly Butcher Box delivery.
Helpful Supplies for Instant Pot Vegetable Soup With Noodles
- Dutch oven. This makes crafting soup a freaking joy.
- Instant Pot. A great way to speed up the cooking process and just push a button and let it cook while you do something awesome.
- Homemade chicken stock if you’re so inclined.
- No Knead Bread. A miraculous invention of epic proportions.
- Smoked Paprika. This spice needs a space in your spice cupboard. If you have a Costco membership, they sell it there too!
Other Recipes Like This
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- Zuppa Toscana in the Instant Pot
- 10 Minute Instant Pot Tortilla Soup With Rice
- Crockpot Baked Potato Soup
- The Ultimate Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Is there anything better than a hot bowl of ASS to warm you on a cold winter’s day?
Making this recipe or others?
Vegetable Soup With Mini Cheese Ravioli is a hearty and clean meal that will warm you to your core. Stovetop and Instant Pot instructions included.
- 1/4 lb sausage casings removed
- 3 cups carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 cups stalks of celery chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 8 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups black beans 15 oz can (drained)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes 15 oz can
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1.5 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1.5 cups small cheese ravioli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using the Saute function, cook the sausage through, breaking it up until fully cooked. Turn to "Keep Warm/Off" to turn off.
Add all the ingredients, except the cheese ravioli. Put the lid on and set the vent to Sealing. Using the soup function, set the timer for 12 minutes.
When the timer is up, use a dishcloth and immediately set the vent to Venting. Be oh so careful as the steam will be hot. It will take about 10 minutes to depressurize. Once it has depressurized, remove the lid and add the ravioli. Stir. Put the lid back on and set to Keep Warm. The ravioli will be cooked through in about 10 minutes.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Cook the sausage, breaking it apart to cook through. Using a slotted spoon, remove the sausage to a bowl.
- Add the onions, celery, and carrots and cook it in what is left of the sausage. Stir. Put the lid on, and cook down for about 10 minutes, stir, and then cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add your diced tomatoes, black beans, chicken stock, and the dried spices. Put the lid on, and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Up until now, this is a typical veggie soup. Just wait my friends, just wait. Now add the dried cheese ravioli. Put the lid on, and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the ravioli float to the top and are cooked through.
Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and some crusty No Knead Bread.
If you don't eat meat, add a can of white beans instead of the sausage, and sub out the chicken broth for vegetable broth.
This post contains affiliate links and we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you if you click through and make a purchase. This allows me to continue to provide free content, and I only share products that I use and love myself.