Filling and so delicious, you’re going to flip over this Whole30 Chicken Salad! Creamy and crunchy, you’ll love it served on a bed of greens or scooped into an avocado. This paleo and keto chicken salad recipe also has a mayo-free option!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken salad is one of those speedy meal ideas that come together quickly but tastes like you spent hours making it. And if you’re following a Whole30, paleo, or even keto meal plan, this healthy chicken salad will become a mealtime staple.
Since everyone has different preferences when it comes to chicken salad, think of this recipe as the perfect base for you to adapt it to make it yours. And yes, I have included mayo-free options!
Whole30 Chicken Salad Ingredients
- Cooked chicken (I use the cooking instructions from these Pressure Cooker Chicken Tacos)
- Whole30 Mayo (see below if you’re a mayo hater like me)
- Crunch crew – diced celery and chopped almonds
- Flavor squad – green onions, dried tarragon, and the magical pixie dust known as smoked paprika.
You can also use our Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Without Breading for the base of this recipe. They’re fast and so easy to make!
Paleo Chicken Salad Without Mayo
Mayo and I are not friends. I much prefer this Chicken Salad With Dill, but of course, Greek yogurt is not allowed on Whole30.
Pro Tips/Recipes Notes
- If you’re in a time pinch, feel free to use an organic/compliant store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- Add halved grapes or diced apples to transform it into a paleo Waldorf salad.
- Throw some Pickled Shallots on top; yum!
- Toast the almonds for a deeper flavor.
- If you’re not a fan of almonds, replace with walnuts or pecans.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
One serving has 4 WW Freestyle Smart Points (if you are not doing Whole30, sub in plain Greek yogurt for the mayo and the points drop to 1)
Whole30 Chicken Salad
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Store in the fridge for an hour prior to serving.